How do you like your meat cooked?

Alpha

Rare

arm17gk.th.gif

A rare steak is red inside. Its center is warm, but not much more. If vegetarians are offended by the sight your rare steak, you got it right. Press on your forearm near the elbow to simulate the springyness of a rare steak.

Medium rare

arm22iv.th.gif

A medium rare steak is red in the center but completely heated. The outer rim is pink instead of red. Press on your forearm a little farther from the elbow to feel the resistance of a medium rare steak.

Medium

arm34hc.th.gif

The center of a medium steak has red in the center but the most of the steak is pink. Press on the middle of your forearm to simulate the resistance of a steak cooked to medium.

Medium well

arm42zz.th.gif

A medium well steak has the slightest trace of red in the center. It is almost all pink but not quite dried out. The resistance most of the way down your arm resembles the resistance of a medium well steak.

Well done

arm56rb.th.gif

A well done steak has no red and some would like little or no pink inside. It has very little springyness to it.

Source: http://et.sdsu.edu/radair/world_wide_weber...ak_doneness.htm

I myself always go for the Well Done, you guys know my experience with McDonald's which wasn't too fun. Also, Well Done will usually kill the E-Coli if there is any. If I ever see red meat at all in a meat pattie (usually in the middle), I'll give it back to the waiter or waitress. No diarrhea for me. :)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well done of course :shootem:

I once made some burgers w/out pressing on them and I seriously couldn't eat anymore than one bite :P

Well, you shouldn't press down on it if you're using a Barbecue. I would just put the lid down and wait a couple minutes. Plus, if you're using a Barbecue and press the meat, it'll take all the juice out. :D

I don't use a barbecue grill, I use a pan and cook on a stove

I press down so that the heat gets all the way inside and the meat will be fully cooked

else, the outer part get's all black and the whole thing feels like one big blob