News Posting Backlash and Apology

If you haven't noticed, just recently we added General Plot as a staff member here on 1Emulation for news posting purposes. Lately, everything seemed to be going fine until I, myself, even noticed something was wrong. The first couple of news posts, I gave him the information myself. Some were indeed from Emulation9 because I found it from there since it wasn't in our Website-Watcher. However, I told him for each of those posts to credit Emulation9. In the next couple hours, I noticed he just posted the news with no credit. I then told him to modify the posts and add the credit which he did. Then yesterday I found news from RetroGuru that wasn't in our Website-Watcher as well and told him to credit Kojote's website. By the time I left him the last message for the news posts, I was long gone. I came home from work which seemed endless and nearly collapsed on the bed late at night. I did notice again he didn't credit RetroGuru, but my internet was having problems and left it for this morning to tell him to add the credits. Too late.

I woke up jubilantly to see a PM from Kojote that his news weren't credited and a wonderful link to EmuNoobs. I for one would have consulted Kojote first if I were in his position, but I can surely see why he did it. Most of all, I don't have anything against him because of it.

"What a black day for 1Emulation." - Nadeiko, EmuNoobs

» http://emunoobs.blogspot.com/2005/10/1emul...g-headline.html

» http://emunoobs.blogspot.com/2005/10/1emul...exact-copy.html

» http://emunoobs.blogspot.com/2005/10/1emul...redits-but.html

In order to take action of this outrage and violation of the agreement we make with all Staff Members, we have de-STAFFed General Plot for the time being. We have also deleted 98% of his news posts because of this.

You can see the agreement (for all staff members) we made below...

How You Doing? = GameCop

Ĝēńĕŗ@ł þłôŧ = General Plot

genplotlog7si.th.png

We also want to give a public apology to Kojote, owner of RetroGuru, and the owners of Emulation9! We are not here to cause trouble and we always are known to credit our sources. It's a shame that this had to happen, but everyone makes mistakes and this was one of them.

As for the future of General Plot, he is a very kind person, and always had good conversations with him. We are still waiting to have a talk with him as he is part of other emulation websites and is still learning. However, we showed him our agreement and he agreed to it, until he violated it. There is nothing more to say.

Regards,

GameCop (Owner of 1Emulation.Com)

-----------Deleted News Posts--------------

Win994a v3.005 R2+R4

ZetaMAME32 v0.101

WonDerS v1.1

Hercules Version 3.02

HuE v0.62pre1

Video fix for Dolphin Final 1.03 BETA

Nonpareil v0.77 (MAC OS)

AGEMAME32 0.28/0.101u3

RomCenter 2.70 Language Pack

BeebEm version 2.4 beta1

Nhes GMB 0.20.1

iDeaS WIP

Dolphin 1.03 BETA Final

-----------Deleted News Posts--------------

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The first couple of news posts, I gave him myself
What does this mean?

I found it in my website-watcher that it was an update and gave him the links to the emulator/app websites to post the news. Sometimes if I noticed that I didn't have the news from another emulation news website (ex: Emulation9), I'd give him a link to the news and a credit to the website. However, he wouldn't credit the website, until I told him AGAIN to do so (the first time). And the second time was history.

Am I the only one who thinks this is being taken a tad too seriously?

I work very hard on 1Emulation everyday and news posting is a big part of it. Of course, I will take it very seriously, as it was also a violation of the agreement that was made.

I like Emunoobs, greatest site ever for spotting unintentional errors, gives me a laughs every now and then.

I only give credit to the original site it came from. Never from another news site or forum.

I think the the news section here is getting a bit crazy . I hardly ever read it now unless its about Mame.

I only give credit to the original site it came from. Not another news site or forum.

Oh really? :D

Speaking as you haven't made a news post for a long time and it was only MAME releases, I can see why. But if you think that, then we're going to have a talk. That's NOT how the system works. You credit the news site in where you SAW the news. Period. :D