News Posting Backlash and Apology

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually get my news straight from the official sites with the help of website watcher. In those cases I don't credit anyone, as it seems pointless, and I'm doing the same as what Keith does.

But, sometimes website watcher has a hiccup and doesn't inform me of a change. Or, some news comes from a site I don't watch. In those cases, I still go to the official site to get the news, but at the bottom I'll add a credit to the news site (emulation9 or whatever) that drew my attention to the news.

This is in accordance with the agreement that keeps the various news sites on friendly terms with each other.

I can see some of you don't like the idea, but that's the rules that we all play by. It only takes a second to add a credit - why not do it?

I can see some of you don't like the idea, but that's the rules that we all play by. It only takes a second to add a credit - why not do it?

Thats why I do not check other forums for news. Only orginal author emulator sites.

It takes a few seconds to check the orlginal site. :lol:

Anyway I have my ways on finding news

By all means if I find news other than the original site I will give a nice big thanks for the infomation to where it came from.

Thats why I do not check other forums for news. Only orginal author emulator sites.

It takes a few seconds to check the orlginal site. :P

Anyway I have my ways on finding news

By all means if I find news other than the original site I will give a nice bigs thanks for the infomation to where it came from.

why give credit to sites that just goddamn copy paste from other sites? Only

original sites count bcuz they posted it first or it came from them, and that's why I would never go around crediting other dumbass sites for their good copy-pasting :lol:

It's like having good manners. You wouldn't want to deal with a rude person would you? It's the same sort of thing.

It's bad enough to get reported on emunoobs, (and god knows where else). Take the case of pspupdates, they've had a history of not acknowledging their sources, and their name is now mud. Some developers will not allow news on that site.

We don't want to go down that road. We can and will do better than that.

It's like having good manners. You wouldn't want to deal with a rude person would you? It's the same sort of thing.

It's bad enough to get reported on emunoobs, (and god knows where else). Take the case of pspupdates, they've had a history of not acknowledging their sources, and their name is now mud. Some developers will not allow news on that site.

Yes credtt is given to the emu authors and always has been that way

Just say I read some news on Arcade@Home for example I would then check the original author site for the news to get the correct info. I then come here to see if it has been posted. If it has not then I would then post the news and give credit to the emu author from the site it originated from

Not Arcade@Home or the member who posted it for the simple reason Arcade@Home is not the emu author.

Maybe just to be nice a bigs thanks can be added for the heads up on the news.

Yes credtt is given to the emu authors and always has been that way

Just say I read some news on Arcade@Home for example I would then check the original author site for the news to get the correct info. I then come here to see if it has been posted. If it has not then I would then post the news and give credit to the emu author from the site it originated from

Not Arcade@Home or the member who posted it for the simple reason Arcade@Home is not the emu author.

Maybe just to be nice a bigs thanks can be added for the heads up on the news.

I seriously don't think this case is so extreme as with the pspupdates one. And emunoobs could just go to hell for all I care, who made them internet news cops any-f0cking-way.

pspupdates would not acknoledge their sources at all even the original author sites and whatnot so it's a different thing, rob.

why would I wanna give credit to some random dumbass on a random dumbass site, when I can just go to the author's site and get the correct, complete and up-to-date info.

this whole matter could have been completely avoided if people would just have bookmarks of the original author's site and visit ONLY them regurarly, not visit random forums, thinking they might have something we do not.

Heh you make it sound so easy.. especially when there is easily over 400 emulation author sites out there. If you have something like website watcher it does make it easier but just plain checking all the author's sites by just using bookmarks would take some work and some effort

... now just think about this.

Lets say you took the time to check the 400+ author sites and collected a nice list of news to post. Give that a few hours work. Then took another hour or so to post all the news you collected... and then go to find out some jackass from another site is just checking your site for news and doing none of the work.

So you would expect us to keep doing all the hard work for nothing? We shouldn't get some credit for all the work we did to find the news? People should get something back for their work if it is being used this way. Exactly how hard is it to say thanks to so and so for the heads up on the news?

This is where the problem is.. it has nothing to do with going to the emulator authors sites for news. Sure everyone should do it but not everyone does.

So in this case Kojote took the time and effort to collect the news for his site only to have it copy and pasted here on 1Emulation word for word and no credit whatsoever for his work and effort. How do you think Kojote feels? I know I would feel used and pissed off. If it was my news that was be lifted without credit I would be upset because I spent all that time and that effort for my own site.. not for 1Emulation. In this example I don't work for 1Emulation or any other site that lifts my news. I post news for my site and my visitors not for someone to come along and just take all the news I posted so they don't have to take the time and do the work for themselves.

This is how the emulation news scene works and if people don't do it that way they are going to be called on it. Its all about respect and by stealing news that shows you have no respect for the emulation news scene and other emulation news sites out there.

(I used "I" and "We" a lot in there but they are just general examples and not a complaint for those that don't read carefully)

Edited by Keith

urgg, yeah, well, uh, your head is big. ROLF j/k j/k

yeah, actually I didn't think about that thing, but seriously who'd collect infos from 400 sites O_O?! and collecting info from 1-2-3 sites daily is not hard work trust me. and yeah, General Plot made a mistake O_O for not crediting, he did not steal anything, I'm sure he had the best intentions. But then come along some dumbasses and accuse him of "stealing" news that isn't even theirs to begin with, and without even a chance to defend himself, bam we are branded "news stealers" and there ya go, shfiftyfive emu communities now hate us O_O.

secondly, who the hell asked "you" or "him" to do all that "hard work" in the first place. it's not your info, you did not post it originally. it is common news dude. It is considered stealing if "you" the original emu author or w/e posted this on your emu author site first, and not some other community.

you are the original emu author, you made the emu/prog/hack/utility first and posted it's info and news about it first, it is "your" news that you get credit from. why should a random community get credit for copy-pasting?!?!? if you wanna collect info for your community, go ahead, but don't expect credit for it bcuz you just copy pasted info which isn't originally yours to begin with and could just as well be easily copy-pasted from the emu author's site, with a much higher credibility rate.

it's like a goddamn word of mouth thingie, news gets to an entire city fast, but no one flocken credits each person who said it to them O_O.

as in, you don't see sentences like :'bob told me that jim told him that joe told him etc.' you just hear 'bob told me that some

author/artist/w/e did this and that'.

This is why I stick to what I know and keep track of. Which is Mame.

If I find anything else to post about it always comes from the original emulation site..By doing this it avoids problems.