Nintendo's Revolution Begins!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GBA Micro. It's about the size of a credit card I think.

gbamsmall7ub.jpg

The original Game Boy® Advance fits comfortably into the pocket of a backpack. The retooled Game Boy® Advance SP fits into a coat pocket. Now Nintendo takes aim at the pocket of your tightest jeans with the tiny Game Boy® Micro system, quite simply the smallest and sleekest Game Boy® product that Nintendo has ever created. It's thinner than a cell phone, as chic as an MP3 player and as fun as a Game Boy. In an instant it attracts attention and positions the image-conscious player as someone on the cutting edge of cool.

The sporty, silver metal Game Boy Micro measures a mere 4 inches wide, 2 inches tall and 0.7 inches deep, allowing it to sit comfortably alongside today's hippest technological gadgets. It weighs an astonishing 2.8 ounces, or about the weight of 80 paper clips. Yet Game Boy Micro has the same processing power and plays the same games as Game Boy Advance SP models, complete with standard face controls and gleaming shoulder and Start/Select buttons that literally shine.

With Game Boy Micro, everyone plays with style. A removable face plate gives owners the option to buy replacements to customize the look of their systems again and again with new colors and designs. Most notably, its 2-inch backlit screen shines with incredible power, rendering games in startling clarity with fantastic colors on the best Game Boy screen ever. For the first time, users can adjust the brightness of the screen to adapt to indoor lights or outdoor sunshine.

"We're making the gorgeous Game Boy Micro for image-conscious folks who love video games, the ones who want the look of their system to be as cool as the games they play on it," says George Harrison, Nintendo of America's senior vice president of marketing and corporate communications. "Because of its diminutive size and industrial-hip look, Game Boy Micro immediately identifies the person playing it as a trendsetter with discriminating style."

Game Boy Micro represents the latest evolution in the image of the Game Boy Advance line, but it is not a successor to any current system. Game Boy Micro will be released this fall. The system comes with a built-in, rechargeable lithium-ion battery and supports standard headphones.

The Game Boy Advance line remains tied for the most popular video game system of this generation. More than 28 million units have sold in the United States, yet Game Boy Advance launched a full eight months after PlayStation 2. Video game fans clearly appreciate great game play and portability. Nearly 700 games are now available for Game Boy Advance.

is this really necessary? a third version of GBA and why smaller?? SP is fine the way it is. why make it smaller. damn u nintendo, this is why i never buy ur damn products, never big hand friendly!!!...why not another version of DS since it aint doin as well as expected. i question Nintendo's decisionS sometimes...

anyways, aside from the console design, so far Nintendo has announced that Mario will be playin soccer for the cube with Mario Striker or something like that. Also, Mario Party 7 and DDR Mario Mix is on the plate. so our plumber friend will be quite busy.

Edited by BoomBa_GoosE

I wasn't a big fan of the SP because of the design (vertical) but liked it because of the backlight. Now with this, I get best of both worlds.

the new gba is just a death nell for the ds. it proves nintendo doesn't care about the ds. but the new gba does look sexy but way too small for my big gorilla hands. the sp and original gba both gave me major hand cramps. the ds and psp are wide enough to keep my hands happy for long periods.

the revolution looks like ass. I hope the controller is something special. cuz the console looks like a shiny laptop battery. the ps3 looks like a futuristic turboduo or 3do. the xbox360 looks like something apple would make. they are both pleasing to the eye.

Edited by garageink