New worm deletes all your mp3s

Ah. Well I don't use p2p anymore so flock the morons that do get it. They deserve it for not knowing how to pirate crap properly. Maybe this is more reason to switch from MP3 to a superior format. :shootem:

And yes, flock the French for a virus written by one Frenchman.

Ah. Well I don't use p2p anymore so flock the morons that do get it. They deserve it for not knowing how to pirate crap properly. Maybe this is more reason to switch from MP3 to a superior format. :shootem:

I agree

btw, formats I recommend: mp4 (FAAC) (lossy), AAC(lossy), MPC(MUSEPACK) (least lossy), and FLAC (lossless, but has file compression)

I agree

btw, formats I recommend: mp4 (FAAC) (lossy), AAC(lossy), MPC(MUSEPACK) (least lossy), and FLAC (lossless, but has file compression)

AAC is in folks. It's gaining support and comes in FAAC and iTunes format. OGG is gaining, but compared to AAC, it doesn't quite stand up, the only cool things about it is that it's patant free. I highly suggest MPC as it is the best lossy encoder out there. Now it just needs the support. If you are an audiphile, FLAC is highly encouraged.

This maybe a stupid question, but I use OGG when ripping cds. But, all net based stuff comes in mp3 yeh? So... (?) *Scratches head*

well maybe you oughta start buying eh

btw ppl, if you have questions about audio formats, I suggest you ask either I or K

AAC is in folks. It's gaining support and comes in FAAC and iTunes format. OGG is gaining, but compared to AAC, it doesn't quite stand up, the only cool things about it is that it's patant free. I highly suggest MPC as it is the best lossy encoder out there. Now it just needs the support. If you are an audiphile, FLAC is highly encouraged.
the only thing nice I've seen about ogg is it's multichannel support

btw K, I heard APE has better file compression than FLAC

anyways, lately I've been ripping/converting my scheit to m4a(dolby aac in a mp4 container) and FAAC MP4

Edited by Weirdy

I heard APE has better file compression than FLAC

The compairison ratio is almost the same down the middle. We wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the 2 unless we check the file sizes.