Good XBox Games

Daeval

I long ago decided that I don't need an XBox. I've got a ps2, a cube, and a PC, and between the three there is very little that can't be done without a bill-box. However, I was pondering the upcoming console wars, and it occurred to me that I would not be opposed to owning an XBox 2 to accompany the PS3 I will almost definately want. It all depends on titles, and I'd be buying the XB2 used as I wish to support Bill's Army as little as possible, but I might eventually have one.

This made me think about the current-generation XBox titles I've missed out on, as the new system will almost definately be backwards compatible. So, I made a list of the games that I'd want to go back and pick up. Bear in mind that I consider FPS games to be much better on PC, and that I already have the good fighting games on PS2.

Halo 2

Ninja Gaiden

Unreal Championship 2

Dai Senryaku VII: Modern Military Tactics

Ok, MAYBE the upcoming Samurai Spirits V Special, assuming it doesn't make it to PS2, where the control would be better.

Is that seriously it? WTF? Why does anyone own this hulking green piece of crap? I could understand if somebody didn't have a decent PC, as there are a few decent FPS games aside from those listed, but other than that... ugh..

XBox owners, what am I missing here? What titles made you want the system?

Edited by Daeval

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bill-BOX only has some worth if you decide to mod it and and use it exclusive for emulation. Seriously.

Apart for those games you mentioned... no, I can't think of any. Ok, maybe Panzer Dragoon Orta

Ninja Gaiden is a mockery to the ways of the Ninj4. It should be banished into the realm of Sucktitude for all eternity.

SvC Chaos

Fable

Guilty Gear X2 #Reload

Soul Calibur 2

Def Jam Vendetta: Fight for NY

Star Wars: KOTOR

Mortal Kombat: Deception

Marvel VS Capcom 2

Oddworld: Munch's Odyssey

That's all I can think of. So what if most of these games are on other systems.

The Bill-BOX only has some worth if you decide to mod it and and use it exclusive for emulation.

If you get a modded xbox... install Xbox media center soon as possible

screenshots07.jpg

The program is so kick ass for all ur media needs. I probably have like 30 movies and 20 gigs of music on mine.

If XBOX Media Center is anything like Windows Media Center (looks like it) then it's a bunch of crappy bloatware.

But I can't think of any XBOX exclusive that would make me want to be buy the system. I'm not interested in Halo, 3D fighters don't turn me on (basically DOA doesn't), Fable is a complete piece of crap and is also going to be ported to PC (WHY!?!), and Morrowind is better on PC.

Also, isn't this the XBOX Emulation section and not just a regular XBOX section?

when I got my xbox it wasn't because of exlusive software. it was because of what can be done once modded. bigger hard drive, xmc, linux, (but I never took the plunge on that) emulation. my xbox is whatever I want, a fully stocked arcade, a snes, a tg16, whatever.

but anyways there are some good exlusive titles

halo 1 & 2

panzer dragoon orta

shenmue 2 if you never played it on DC

kotor 1 & 2

jade empire is coming

project gotham racing 1 & 2

breakdown

crimson skies: high road to revenge

theres more I can't think of off the top of my head. links and topspin are good too.

GryphonKlaw actually M$ made a media center that works with the pc one but xbmc is a lot better in my eyes simply for what it has to offer and without needing to buy extra M$ crap (the $80 remote/disc is usless without your pc having windows media center)

I can't think of anything for Xbox, just Steel Battlion, Xbox Live, SFIII, SSVS, Halo 2 and modding.