Dark city vs Matrix

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they're both really good movies. Dark City seemed like kinda a sleeper hit, it didn't have to live up to boatloads of hype like The Matrix did. I haven't watched Dark City in ages, maybe it's time to run down to the video store and pick it up, along with Jacob's ladder, which I havent seen more than 10 minutes of.

Yeah, Dark City and The Matrix have a lot in common. However, they do have one major differeint: Dark City is a great movie while The Matrix isn't.

Dark City is not a 'great' movie. It's decent, and I like it, but it is far too flawed to be great. Good ideas, poorly executed. I believe The Matrix is a better movie; better developed ideas, better made. Oh and better acting. I like Rufus, but after Dark City im just left thinking 'wtf?'. He overdoes that whole confused imaginative journey thing more than a bit too much.

Jacob's Ladder is the best movie ever.

Err... no. This movie was terrible. Potential, for sure, but as with Dark City its poorly done. Just needs some tightening up. If it weren't for all the links to Silent Hill 3 I wouldn't have given this a second viewing at all. Oh and the prolonged visibility of nipples doesn't help the situation.

Err... no. This movie was terrible. Potential, for sure, but as with Dark City its poorly done. Just needs some tightening up. If it weren't for all the links to Silent Hill 3 I wouldn't have given this a second viewing at all. Oh and the prolonged visibility of nipples doesn't help the situation.

Get out.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. ;)

However, I haven't seen either in a damn long time. I'm going to get them and watch them next weekend. I just remember being more pleased after seeing Dark City than seeing The Matrix. Or maybe it's the fact that I hate Keanu Reeves. :(

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :rofl:

However, I haven't seen either in a damn long time. I'm going to get them and watch them next weekend. I just remember being more pleased after seeing Dark City than seeing The Matrix. Or maybe it's the fact that I hate Keanu Reeves. ;)

Fair enough. I just found it inappropriate. Not to say that Jezebel was unattractive.

And K', thanks for making me feel so welcome :(