Dark city vs Matrix

People are fools thinking any of the Matrixes are worth a damn.

STOP WEARING TRENCHCOATS!!!

Dark City punches you in the brain and tells you about it's originality while 2 brothers with no directing skills rip it off.

PHUCK THE MATRIX AND PHUCK ANY OF YOU FOR LIKING IT

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm...those comparisons are eerily similar. Nice find...I was blown away the first time I saw the Matrix. It's good right to the very end. And being the first in the series it sets the bar high. Reloaed and Revolutions were a letdown for sure, but The Matrix is one of the few movies I can watch over and over again. Haven't seen Dark City, but I remember seeing the previews way back when and wanting to see it. Think I'll rent it after finals week is over...

I haven't seen Dark City either but Ive heard that it was really good. I enjoyed the first Matrix and I agree with everyone else that the second two sucked ass.

The story pretty much ended at the end of the first matrix and I don't know if anyone was expecting another one, let alone two. They are the epitomy of rush jobs.

So if we are talking about movies such as these 2

How do you guys compare it to Donniw Darko or Existenze

Existenz was overshadowd by The Matrix since they came out the same year. For those who don't know, Existenz is a sci-fi thriller written/directed by David Cronenberg, starring Jude Law. I think Existenz is more intelligently written, and the characters are fleshed out. It is said that it was a response to the Matrix, but I think it's a step above it in its question of at what's real and what's not.

I saw Donnie Darko not to long ago, so I'm still trying to get my head around it. All I can say is it's a weird movie, and many disagree on whether its deeply philosophical or utter trash dressed up to look that way. I liked the film, found it hilarious, but its obvious that there is more to the film than meets the eye. Liked the end song to it..Mad World. Very poignant..

Edited by Sturmvogel

I had to watch Donnie Darko twice to get a grasp on most of it. It's become one of my favorite movies now. That *rabbit* mask is a bit on the disturbing side! I've never heard of Existenze, though. And I'm not too sure I could make any decent comparisons between DD and the Matrix or Dark City.

"Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?" -Frank