Microsoft recalls Xbox power cords

Microsoft is recalling power cords on 14.1 million Xbox consoles worldwide, following reports of injuries due to defective electrical components.

The company announced the recall on Thursday, saying it is aimed at protecting the consoles from electrical-component failures that can pose a fire hazard. So far, such failures have been reported in 30 consoles, causing minor injury or property damage, Microsoft said. Seven customers reported burns to their hands. In the rest of the cases, the defect caused smoke damage or minor damage to a carpet or entertainment center.

http://news.com.com/Microsoft+recalls+Xbox...ml?tag=nefd.top

You can order a replacement here

But it takes a whole month til you get it... by the mean time, you guys should

"should turn off consoles when not in use"
Edited by Xx1LLMAT1CxX

Haha! Awesome. I can just picture this happening to people while playing Halo. "Oh, look at me, I'm playing a horribly average shooter that I think is the best in the world. *spark* *poof* OH NO!! MY XBOX IS ON FIRE!!!!1111" :banghead:

Haha! Awesome. I can just picture this happening to people while playing Halo. "Oh, look at me, I'm playing a horribly average shooter that I think is the best in the world. *spark* *poof* OH NO!! MY XBOX IS ON FIRE!!!!1111"  :banghead:

I wish that would happen to some of my friend's xboxes. geez they will not shut up about that damn game. Well one, until i gave him a pc with farcry and half life 2. he shut up real fast.

I like halo 2, but not as much as HL2, I finaly realized that this game is crap when I remembered UT2004 and the dodging skills, I think Unreal Championship 2 is going to be the crap. There adding MK characters in the game :banghead:

Haha! Awesome. I can just picture this happening to people while playing Halo. "Oh, look at me, I'm playing a horribly average shooter that I think is the best in the world. *spark* *poof* OH NO!! MY XBOX IS ON FIRE!!!!1111"  :lol:

I wish that would happen to some of my friend's xboxes. geez they will not shut up about that damn game. Well one, until i gave him a pc with farcry and half life 2. he shut up real fast.

Bwahahahaha! Beautiful on both counts!