Bit Torrent Help

NeoMaster

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Azureus too, I've been reading on the Bittorrent forums and such they say many people have the same problem. Everything works fine one day and the next...meh.

Right now, there is about a million different possibilities about what has happened. Ranging from problems of SP2, providers, router, website problems...and the list goes on.

It sux to be me.

Well, i've had a similar problem like that a few times. all it required was for me to reboot my modem or my comp or both sometimes to fix it.

Dag nabbit! I finally got average speed to get upwards to 80-120 kb/s, but after a few minutes of getting to that level suddenly the connection becomes sh\t. It must be this stupid router that's preventing me from high speeds...ugh its more of a hassle than provides protection.

You sure the other computer aint downloading anything while your doing this? Your internet download speeds might slow down in half because of this, and then the firewall will make it even slower, but I think the main problem is the servers/computers your downloading your files from.

Dag nabbit! I finally got average speed to get upwards to 80-120 kb/s, but after a few minutes of getting to that level suddenly the connection becomes sh\t. It must be this stupid router that's preventing me from high speeds...ugh its more of a hassle than provides protection.

I'm sure you know that your download rate will not remain constantly high. It ebbs up and down as you download. Another thing to keep in mind is the seeders. Some people have really crappy upload speed. Lastly, if your torrent has a green smiley face, then your good to go. If not, then as mentioned before its probably a NAT problem. Usually, as K'dash mentioned, some Isp's block ports that Azureus uses.

If your still having trouble, go to portforwarding.com. Or just google "portforwarding", and you should find faqs guiding you on how to configure your router to open ports and get rid of the yellow smiley to make it green (green means no problems :rolleyes:)

Edited by Sturmvogel