Bit Torrent Help

NeoMaster

The first time I've ever used bit torrent for my downloads was with Azureus. I was downloading at a total speed of 120kb/s and uploading at 30kbs/s.

Things simmered down and the average is usually 45dl and 30ul. Then what happened was my connection kept going off whenever I used Azureus. I uninstalled it for awhile and then re got it and things seemed to work fine. Since the last week, I can't seem to get any reasonable download speeds with Azureus. Most of the time it's like 2kb/s for download and 21kb/s for upload and it's really annoying. I later switched to Bit Tornado and things seemed to get better. Sometimes a download would be 65kbs dl and 15 kb/s ul, but now BT is suffering from the same problem. Anyone have a solution or similar experiences? What is the best program to use?

Other notes:

My connection is still fast. When downloading from pcgameworld.com I usually get 350kb/s.

The second time Azureus had problems, it was slow and for some reason lagged my web surfing and other things related to internet.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's because AZ uses Java Virtual Machine.

Ways to imrpove is to google a firewall faq if you have a firewall (router or software), get your lines checked, or just plain directly connect to the internet.

Did you check the number of seeds the torrent's have? I end up downloading at this speed also, and my download speed has gone up to 400K/B. But then again I was downloading from a fast server. My average speed is 150 KB - 220Kb.

Did you check the number of seeds the torrent's have? I end up downloading at this speed also, and my download speed has gone up to 400K/B. But then again  I was downloading from a fast server. My average speed is 150 KB - 220Kb.

You sir...have a godly connection. *Drool* 220kb...

Where was I? Oh yeah, I usually download torrents that have really good health and many seeds. For some odd reason, the downloads that have little number of seeds and downloaders at medium health are the ones that give me good results. Oh yeah, my connection is shared with another computer and my wire goes through a router which is firewalled. I'm not really asking for that 160kb experience I had before because I know it's shared, I just want it to get back to the 60kb/30kb ratio I had before.

Edited by NeoMaster

Did you check the number of seeds the torrent's have? I end up downloading at this speed also, and my download speed has gone up to 400K/B. But then again  I was downloading from a fast server. My average speed is 150 KB - 220Kb.

You sir...have a godly connection. *Drool* 220kb...

Where was I? Oh yeah, I usually download torrents that have really good health and many seeds. For some odd reason, the downloads that have little number of seeds and downloaders at medium health are the ones that give me good results. Oh yeah, my connection is shared with another computer and my wire goes through a router which is firewalled. I'm not really asking for that 160kb experience I had before because I know it's shared, I just want it to get back to the 60kb/30kb ratio I had before.

If you are behind a firewall, that could be the problem. BT uses more than one port at a time. That could possibly explain why you only have very slow speed, but can still download. If you have access to the router and can redirect some ports, have a look at that.

Bitcomet > ALL

I concur. I love it. It's clean, it's fast, nothing flashy and it gets the job done.

Simple, efficent, clean, fast and nothing flashy is the Offical BT client version 3.2.1.

IMO, the most stable version of it.