Bit Torrent Help

NeoMaster

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still use a combination of ABC and BitComet. I wouldn't touch Azureus with a 5-foot throbbing pole or anything that resembles a 5-foot throbbing pole.

BitComet has some weird quirks though, like completely killing off a file upload speed when the file has been uploading for a while.

I have BitTornado, only problem with it is that when I have multiple downloads, it slows down tremendously for each download.

I also tried bit comet, what I don't like about it is that I didn't really get better download rates that Azureus. And when I switched back to Azureus after using BitComet, errors happened when I tried to resume partial downloads.

My average speed only works on P2P's that actually have my same speed and with normal IE downloads, bitorrents only go that fast if I get the number of seeds high ;). But man, did you go 160 before you had shared computers? Maybe you should try this without being inside of a network.

I tried the uPNP thingy and the router mapping feature of bitcomet. Supposibly it opens all necessary ports automatically for you. But unfortunatly I still get shi|tty speeds. Looks like my torrent days are over. SIGH. I should just cancel my cable internet and use the money to rent the games...so much easier.

You could check out which ports your isp blocks.

Because I heard several Cable providers block ports for BT.

Over here, Videotron blocks all known BT ports so my friends on it needed to find a way to get past it. As for me, Bell Sympatico DSL is good enough.