Your top reason why Kawaks > all

Hi there, fellow forumers!

I've been meeting random people on irc and on kaillera servers who are desperately trying to play, say, KoF 2003 or use 15 emulators for all their favourite fighting games. I try to preach and help whenever I can. But in reality, Kawaks is every fighting game player's best bet. And I say that not because I need to look like an instructive smug prick but because it's an objective fact. Here is some proof:

http://img182.exs.cx/img182/8642/kaw18ku.png

http://img182.exs.cx/img182/922/kaw28wc.png

All of those titles working perfectly, great speeds, video blitters for everyone's needs and preferences, that's what Kawaks gives you.

And when you combine the software goodness with some hardware sexiness:

http://img163.exs.cx/img163/3001/psx6iv.jpg

... you get the perfect combination.

If only more people who use broken SNES emus to netplay SFA2 would listen to my words...

I agree with your post. I think Kawaks is a great emulator that does a great job at what it was built to do. However, I'm moving on to FBA and MAME because I can modify them, add games, and are more challenging to get to work, not because Kawaks is any less impressive. My top reason why Kawaks is great (it's not greater than all, they are all good) is the speed it runs games and the blitters.

Kawaks is good if you can't do sheit or lazy to do all the work for the open source stuff.

I'm the latter.

Kawaks is good if you can't do sheit or lazy to do all the work for the open source stuff.

I'm the latter.

Count me in there too. Kawaks never gave me much affection, so I moved to Nebula Loader. Does the job and that's all I need and it does pretty much the same things as Kawaks. Tie break.

Edited by Agozer

You know what's weird in Nebula, it slows down when it plays Garou but it runs perfectly in Kawaks. I don't know the deal is but that's the main reason I switched from Nebula to Kawaks.

Strange, Garou has never been slow in Nebula on my end.

You know what's weird in Nebula, it slows down when it plays Garou but it runs perfectly in Kawaks. I don't know the deal is but that's the main reason I switched from Nebula to Kawaks.

Nebula is more resource hungry. But it is not so noticable.

There will be slowdown when you are starting the game, but after

that, it will be alrite :P

that, it will be alrite :)

Eh, I must have such an awesome computer that it doesn't matter. :P:D

that, it will be alrite :)

Eh, I must have such an awesome computer that it doesn't matter. :P:D

Like Gryph, I will experience slight slowdown at the beginning if using Nebula when playing Garou, but not in Kawaks.

SOme other games that have this symptom are Metal Slug 3 and 5,

SVC Chaos and LB2. All CPS2 games work fine though :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

Although I also use MAME and Nebula, Kawaks is definately great for me because it's easy to rip game sprites and the like. Nebula is cool for it's NeoGeoCD capability, though.