What did you play most recently?

Gryph

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

afro samurai pretty normal hack and slash,about to start on some skate 2 and will give fallout 3 a chance.

I was gonna try Afro Samurai but only have one disc left, and I am saving it for SFIV.

Lately I've been booting up SF roms to get tuned up for IV.

What game did you most recently play before reading this? Not what games are installed on your HD, or what game you are going to play in a while.

Here's mine:

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines

I apologise for dropping in so late, to answer your question that is over 4 years old (so many unbelievable things have happened since then, as to the lives of everyone else too most probably).

I just came in here and the first post I read was a review of the King of Fighters Nests Saga for the PS2. BlackKnight claimed the series "was subpar, no matter who you ask", and I wanted to dispute that, but the thread was locked, so I thought I'd just share everything here as well as answer your amicable question. I'd have to say that claim is rubbish really. King of Fighters 2001 is the BEST of the Saga series, where characters like Kim, Ralf, King, Iori, Change have improved move controls as well as most of their stolen moves and Super Desperation Moves back. And that is the year that pioneered Flash Cancels (adopted from the Street Fighter EX series and taken further in that bleh sequel 2002 where move and SDM cutting out came back in full force).

You'd be surprised at the myriad of combos and flash cancels you can get yourself into just starting from air and ground jabs - it's not to say it is a game for amateurs (there are more complex combos to be discovered by advanced players no doubt) but rather, it is a game where people of almost all skill levels can easily get into, and develop into terrifying combo whores from there ^_~

Pardon the unintended slight deviation from the topic but yes, this is the game I am playing recently, together in rotation, '96, '97 and '98 Ultimate Match. Just can't get enough of this SNK fighter.

I have the import for the last one and I look forward to the acquisition of the US version (I pray the manual cover art is not as yucky) and that of 2002 Unlimited Match.

And I wonder why KOF didn't do so well in the States even until today. Maybe KOF XII is going to change that a bit, but I still believe it will be outdone again by Capcom's Street Fighter IV (not a bad game despite the questionable animation style).

I am starting to think playing Street Fighter equates to being a real American whereas playing KOF is for foreigners - a foreign, alien thing :). You don't see top American players trashing each other in this game in any tournament (could it even exist) in the USA. Capcom did quite a great job in making us feel their games despite the years they left us (from 2001 to 2009 - thee cancelling of All-Stars was a tragedy thanks to negative Japanese sentiment while the rubbishy Capcom Fighting Jam don't count).

Edited by Doyouwanttodie

afro samurai pretty normal hack and slash,about to start on some skate 2 and will give fallout 3 a chance.

I was gonna try Afro Samurai but only have one disc left, and I am saving it for SFIV.

Lately I've been booting up SF roms to get tuned up for IV.

i was so lucky before i got my modded 360 i got a 50 pack of dvd dl for free i will never be that lucky again cuz those bastards hardly ever go on sale but 2 more weeks for sfiv i cant wait when u get some more disc def pick up afro samurai nothing special but its a pretty fun time waster .

Gun. revisiting this awesome game. beat it on the OG xbox when it first came out. I think if I finish this before SFIV I will give Call of Juarez another shot. the thought of a red dead sequel has me in a western mood.

actually tried out psychonauts for xbox1. It's better than what i thought, and still playing the hell out of oblivion. Nothing like coming home to a living room with 500 pairs of enchanted boots and 200 watermelons in the kitchen. lmao

Massive ass lag but funny as hell.

HF-

I think it was Final Fantasy 9...im stuck right now...i need to level up but im too lazy to sit down and be lazy and do it... o_O

I don't think this late grinding session is as bad in IX as it is in VIII.