What did you play most recently?

Gryph

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Final Fantasy XII. Started from the beginning after 18+ hours of game time and after miraculously surviving the slaughter known as the battle against Judge Ghis. At level 12 it's madness I tell you.

Crackdown

Who doesn't like throwing city buses at gang members?

The people playing the Halo 3 Beta :D.

Well once the beta comes out I'm sure they won't like throwing city buses.

everything i can get my hands on for PC to test out my new GFX card :D

Im downloading Scarface right now so ill be playing that, i heard its not that bad, but not that great either.

its friggen awesome though, with AA and AF i can actually name the PC parts in the computers in Office on CS:S (but maybe that just makes me a nerd :D )

Man a lot of people haven't been playing games recently.

Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2 because I can't play the Command and Conquer 3 demo due to system specs :D

The C&C3 Demo is what Ive been playing the most recently- luckily my 6600GT can manage on 1024*768. On most forums though, people seem to be bashing it for being too similar to Tiberian Sun- some have called it a 'remake' even. Im not sure about that though. I loved Red Alert 2, and none of the admittedly few RTS games Ive played since then (WC3,EE2,DoW,SC) really filled the gap that well. C&C3, being so similar, is just what I needed, so im happy. But it is so similar its almost not funny...

Final Fantasy XII. Started from the beginning after 18+ hours of game time and after miraculously surviving the slaughter known as the battle against Judge Ghis. At level 12 it's madness I tell you.

Something's wrong with me. I started this last week and for the life of me can't get into it. It gave me a terrible WoW vibe... as soon as there was the pumpkin-killing quest my alarm went off. Then later I had to collect shadestones (I still dont know why I needed to, really) via the dash past monsters technique just to give to some inconsequential guy. Wtf? Not sure if it is the huge gap since I last played a Final Fantasy, but I was expecting VIII- interesting character dynamics, a sense of place and purpose right off the bat, and some cool-ass summon monsters to jump start the fighting. With XII all I got are some androgenous looking mofos in a painfully generic sci-fi/fantasy setting (Dalmasca = Star Wars Episode 1 anybody?) and confusion as to where I was or why I give a sh!t about politics. Not only that, but the fighting is a painfully monotonous torture. To be fair, I only sunk 2 or so hours into it, but I remember how immersing the first 2 hours of FF7,8 and 10 were. Unfortunately XII comes up short for me.

However, since I've sunk $89 into the game, please, someone, please tell me it gets better? Since my initial session Ive been unable to bear playing it again. It would be better if someone could promise me something interesting is about to happen soonish. As it stands I dont understand how this game has received the kinds of reviews it has.