ANIME

Itachi

i refuse to watch dubed. The voices make me so angry. I dont mind reading as long as the subs make since. Ive seen some horrble fan subs in my day. I dont know why but u actully start to learn alot of basic japanese words while watching subbed anime... which makes it atleast seem like ur learning something. If not keeping ur brain active by forcing u to read :D.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I want to read, I'll get a manga.  But I see your point.  As a plus, reading subtitles makes you look like more of a nerd.

where as horrible voice acting dosnt?

exactly !! I despise the anime they have up in Toonami/Adult Swim, seriously, in theory, there are only a few people that did the voice for all the character roles in the anime, thats pretty much dull, and I hated that.

If I want to read, I'll get a manga.  But I see your point.  As a plus, reading subtitles makes you look like more of a nerd.

where as horrible voice acting dosnt?

exactly !! I despise the anime they have up in Toonami/Adult Swim, seriously, in theory, there are only a few people that did the voice for all the character roles in the anime, thats pretty much dull, and I hated that.

No, see, horrible voice acting is the norm. That's not nerdy at all. :D I'll still go with subtitles if there's a major difference. But again, if I wanted to read, I'd get a Manga (and I have a few, too).

just wait till anime gets more popular in the US then the subbing might get better but right now for some reason poeple think it's nerdy to watch anime and read manga, maybe cuz the subbing sounds nerdy? i dunno but it's weird that poeple hate anime in my school

just wait till anime gets more popular in the US then the subbing might get better

LOL that's the same thing people said 15 years ago when I started watching mospedia and macross. anime wil never be popular here ther is too much nerd stigma attached to it.

Those "kiddie" anime shows that air here are dubbed in finnsh and the dub itself is so horrible.

But when it comes to the localization of the recent GHIBLI threater hits (Spirited Away, Kingdom of Cats (or whatever the english name is)) the voice acting is exceelnt to say the least.

That beingsaid, I still enjoy the original voices more, but I just give credit whenit's due.