Motivation.....

PLasticSlug

I dont think this has ever been asked,..

Lately ive been pretty down, not depressed or anything just completely not motivated, My life revolves around going to school (not really studying) and coming home and sitting in from of what im looking at right now as im typing this, ill average several hours on my comp, literally not doing anything constructive at all!

I dont work out anymore, but im going to force my self to run at the park later

I dont really do any thing that i used to do to enjoy my self, the only thing i do is play games, which im not complaining I love doing that but its the only thing i do these days.

I dont crap anymore!!!

so what do the rest of you do to get out of this slump?

Edited by PLasticSlug

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think this has ever been asked,..

Lately ive been pretty down, not depressed or anything just completely not motivated, My life revolves around going to school (not really studying) and coming home and sitting in from of what im looking at right now as im typing this,  ill average several hours on my comp, literally not doing anything constructive at all!

I dont work out anymore, but im going to force my self to run at the park later

I dont really do any thing that i used to do to enjoy my self, the only thing i do is play games, which im not complaining I love doing that but its the only thing i do these days.

I dont crap anymore!!!

so what do the rest of you do to get out of this slump?

wow, we have identical lives...cept that i need to crap often....anyways..i look at the people around me, like my friends...and theyre all doin sumthin u kno...i have to start doin sumthin too, and i dont wanna be the one friend that doesnt have ambitions or goals..just recently, i had a fantastic meeting with my counsler at my college, and it feels good to know a lttle somethin about my plans for the future.

its okay to feel like ur a bum right now, i think i can say we all go thru that stage one time or another. once u find ur light, ull find ur way....

That's exactly what high school was like for me but other people dind't have anything better to do so it was normal. We are all unmotivated together.

I don't know where I get my motivation from...Cocoa Puffs maybe. I don't know. Just find something you hate about yourself and try to fix it, that's where you can find some motivation.

get a job and start saving, even if it's just menial. When i was in high school i played my violin at weddings and such and saved to buy my car - watching my dollars add up was worth it. Then it was even more satisfying to restore the car to operating condition.

The key is find something you like to do (get a job, work on cars, join some school clubs, get involved in politics, etc.) and stick with it. Also, get a clear goal in sight and work toward it, so you can see your reward and stay motivated. Right now, I'm playing more gigs so i can trade in my car for a better one :P.

Basically what everyone else said.. You gotta take some risks and try something new, to find something you like. Take up paintball or a martial art, or drawing, or programming, or etc etc. Or get a job that sounds interesting if you don't already have one. Even if you end up not liking it, it's better than nothing and the money will help you find something you do like.

Making up that list, I guess I've realized that three basic things motivate me: Heavy physical exertion, comraderie/helping others (in judo, I'm an assistant and student where I train), and creating things.

A little meditiation helps me now and then too, but that works best along with one of the other things.

I'm living a a life right now, which is, sad to say, uneventful... I don't enjoy doing things like I used to and find many things bland.

My mom even said one day (out of the blue) that i don't even laugh so much anymore; that I've become cynical and very sarcastic.

Meh I guess she's right.

Edited by Agozer

I have the same ffling. All i want to do is either sleep or build computers for no apparent reason. I havent hung out with friends as much, its just been blah.

Right now what keeps me going is finishing school and not turning out to be a bum. That and getting my rent paid.

I look for different things to make 1Emulation better. To be #1 is my forever goal with this site. Right now it is taking only 30% of my day. Before it was 50-60%.. times are changing and as time progresses... different things will motivate me.

There will always be things to depress or unmotivate you. It can be people, society, or your own mistakes. The only thing you can do is fix them and aknowledge your mistakes.

To stay unmotivated is a question, not an answer.