Welcome to 1Emulation.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

How do you backup Gamecube Games??

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

PokeParadox

PokeParadox

Project Infinity Owner

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Emulation, DDR, anime,video games and computers.
Click to view battle stats
oh god.. go to Dextrose.com and stop covering old ground people...

malik

malik

Beginner

• Members
  • 13 posts
guys I found "Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 & 2 Plus"

does it work to make backups?

Shibathedog

Shibathedog

Dreamcast Lover

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 5,221 posts
ok, I cant figure this out, can someone PM me or talk to me over AIM and walk me through copying a gamecube game? i cant get it to work anymore at all! Please help!

James

James

Emulation Master

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 2,884 posts
Sorry I do not have a Game Cube

http://club.cdfreaks...ead.php?t=99251

http://forums.afterd..._view.cfm/61273

Sandra V

Sandra V

Newbie Poster

• Members
  • 1 posts

yes but you can't play the disc's on gc yet so you're better off making use of a 4.7gb dvdr and fill it with as many iso's it can fit and play from your pc.

Just To Let Everyone Know U Can Play Disk THAT have Been Burned (Backups ) On Gamecube and without a modchip . only certain disk work tho,cause the gamecube is picky on which media it reads. alot of people say that the ritek disk work best and are the most compatible, thats what i use,and they work great. u can find them at www.staples.com staples brand mini dvd's made by ritek

check out www.codejunkies.com look for a product called the sd media launcher i bought one and it allows u to play gamecube hombrew,emulators,backups etc.... and u dont need a modchip great product

Edited by Sandra V, 11 February 2007 - 11:51 PM.

Agozer

Agozer

Board Script AI | 16-bit Corpse | The Mummy

• User Admin
  • 19,839 posts
  • Interests:Video games, plain and simple.
Ease off the Caps Lock, thank you.

John Travolta

John Travolta

Beginner

• Members
  • 17 posts

90% of that software is on consolevision.com

the Broadband adaptor is a little box that plugs into the bottom of your GC and gives you a network port

a crossover cable (Also called Patch Cable) is simply a CAT5 cables with the wires inside reversed on one side

yeah. ok :o

Shibathedog

Shibathedog

Dreamcast Lover

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 5,221 posts
haha! This is a sticky so I get away with gravedigging! I was about to make a thread but it would be kinda pointless.

Anyway, Is there a better way to play backups now? Burning them to mini-dvds or something? I have a few but I'm sure you need some kind of software mod at least if not a chip. It seems like most of the stuff required to play backups mentioned are hard to find now. I can't find SD media launcher anywhere.

iq_132

iq_132

I do stuff people seem to like.

• User Admin
  • 2,303 posts
  • Interests:Developing for open-source emulation projects.
Get yourself a mod chip, there are some very simple ones, minimal or no soldering required. Either that, or get yourself a Wii -- softmoddable & plays gc games (off sd, hdd, or whatever).

+ HI SHIBA :P

Shibathedog

Shibathedog

Dreamcast Lover

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 5,221 posts
Whats a good place to get a mod chip? and hey how ya doin?

LoRd_SnOw

LoRd_SnOw

User of the night!

• Emulator Author
  • 619 posts
this is pretty useless, but there are also a number of games you can zip up with .rar and burn it onto a CD-R/RW so that its easier for use with emulators, so far i've only tested this with Zelda - Wind Waker, Mario Kart Double Dash. Can't remember the file size, but if anyone is interested, i can try this again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users