Welcome to 1Emulation.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

What's your favorite Metallica song?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Poll: What's your favorite Metallica song?

What's your favorite Metallica song?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

Weirdy

Weirdy

life...is like a box of chocolates

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 7,291 posts
Click to view battle stats
err...my favorite song is "ONE"..why wasn't that a choice..and if you've never heard that song, I suggest you listen to the album "...And Justice For All" which is their best album ever.

cosmic_lord

cosmic_lord

The Unforgiven

• Premium Members
  • 102 posts
  • Interests:Playing my guitar<br>Listening to music<br>Programming<br>Playing games, be it console or PC/Emulated Console

err...my favorite song is "ONE"..why wasn't that a choice..and if you've never heard that song, I suggest you listen to the album "...And Justice For All" which is their best album ever.

I've heard One... I can play it on a guitar. I've heard every song they ever did, but that's beside the point.

Like I said above, it was hard to make such a short list. Originally I had 20 choices and one was one of them, then I saw the thing that said 10 choices only (doh!) and had to cut it in half. Hard choice but, meh.

solidius23

solidius23

The Cult of Personality

• 2,861 posts
unforgiven II

Wizard

Wizard

Da Flyin' Helmat Boy

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:DELICIOUS TRAPS, DELICIOUS LOLIS, HEALTHY GIRLS, DELICIOUS CAKE.

THe CAKE IS REAL
Master of Puppets - great song, especially live with an orcestra. Its wonderful.

St.Anger? psh, most people who are into Metallica didn't like it. It wasn't on par as their past albums. Even Load was better!

cosmic_lord

cosmic_lord

The Unforgiven

• Premium Members
  • 102 posts
  • Interests:Playing my guitar<br>Listening to music<br>Programming<br>Playing games, be it console or PC/Emulated Console
??? Load was flocking great.

St. Anger is good... if you listen to the whole CD anyway. The Unnamed Feeling is awesome.

True Metallica fans do like St. Anger. People that stopped liking Metallica after "The Black Album" or after the Napster incident were never fans in the first place.

Yes, S&M was great :)

Alpha

Alpha

Your Ayatollah of Rock N' Rolla!

• Admin
  • 7,450 posts
  • Interests:Face to face interaction, women, and some old games.
I loved Seak and Destroy. One of my all-time favorites. :)

cosmic_lord

cosmic_lord

The Unforgiven

• Premium Members
  • 102 posts

I loved Seak and Destroy. One of my all-time favorites. :)

Yea, I can play Seek and Destroy... it's one of the few old songs that are slow enough that I can play. Most of them are too fast, like Motorbreath or Hit the Lights, but God knows I try at Master of Puppets, lol. I know how to play them I just can't pick the strings fast enough.

Gryph

Gryph

The K Man

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 14,666 posts
I can play the beginning of Nothing Else Matters :) But even a 2 year old can do that.

cosmic_lord

cosmic_lord

The Unforgiven

• Premium Members
  • 102 posts
lol. Well, yea. I play that song fingerstyle without using a pick... because it's like many classical guitar pieces where you have to fingerpick chords instead of strumming.

For example, at one part, you have to fret the 5th fret on the B and G strings, then play the A, G, D, B, and high E strings with your fingers, if you pick the D string it flocks up the chord, so you can't strum it. Right after that, you fret the 2nd fret A string and play the same thing, then the third fret A string and play the same thing again :). Classical guitar is hard... but that's a good song.

boofnasty

boofnasty

Novice

• Members
  • 34 posts
I like No Leaf Clover

cosmic_lord

cosmic_lord

The Unforgiven

• Premium Members
  • 102 posts
Yea, awesome song. Minus Human was such an awesome song from that album, and it's so simple it's probably the first "whole song" that I learned to play.

I mean, my progression on the guitar was like this:

Intro riff to Unforgiven
Intro riff to Enter Sandman
Unforgiven verse riff
Intro riff to Nothing Else Matters
Felt like I sucked and put my guitar down to collect dust for a year
In August of 2003, took Jazz Band because I had nothing else to fill an elective.
Austin Powers Theme
James Bond Theme
Secret Agent Man
Learning those, especially Secret Agent Man, taught me the basic chords and got me used to switching between them.
Intro to One
Intro to Turn the Page
Minus Human
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Intro to Wherever I May Roam
Outside
Lead to outside (I normally play Rhythm)
Low Man's Lyric
Mama Said
The rest of Enter Sandman
The complete intro riff to Nothing Else Matters (before I just played the open string part)
Outlaw Torn
The intro to Sad but True
Tuesday's Gone
The intro to No Leaf Clover
Hero of the Day
Fade to Black
Until it Sleeps
Fixxxer
I'm still working on The Unforgiven II
Seek and Destroy
Intro to Harvester of Sorrow

Phew, that's all I can think of right now... probabluy not in the right order, but you get what I mean, I learned one riff at a time, usually really scattered like.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users