Welcome to 1Emulation.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

bit torrent sucks, like nebula

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

evilnos_unholy

evilnos_unholy

gammak base commander

• Members+
  • 93 posts
Click to view battle stats
:D why in the flock does everyone think we all use this, I'll never know, it does not work for me, everything I tried downloading is corrupted, and the last update I did came ridden with like 100 spyware bonuses and a few trojans, what a Piece of crap!!

there I said my peace, any other alternative to bit (crap) torrent ??

Diso

Diso

Poppy

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 6,145 posts
err...updates!?

There was never an update for BT as far as i know. and usually, you would get ur torrets from suprnova bcuz they're the most reliable <_<

Rag

Rag

Spoony Bard

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 1,933 posts
Yea, I admit BT's are usually real slow, but its still a good way to get what you need when DC++ just doesn't cut it.

ken_cinder

ken_cinder

Cyborg Admin

• User Admin
  • 4,484 posts
  • Interests:Everything
This has NOTHING to do with this section of the forums.

Topic moved

somecninj

somecninj

Novice

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:paintball, tv, the internet, programming, video games, good music, hockey.
You should try the abc bittorent client. It's awesome. Never had a problem with spyware or slow downloads(except that im using a 56k <_< ). Oh and I don't like nebula either.

Rag

Rag

Spoony Bard

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 1,933 posts
Well when I had a 56k, I never expected anything more than just about 5k/sec

Now that I have cable, I expect it to be at least 20k/sec for BT's or DC++ but you just gotta find the right user.

nezumi

nezumi

Resident Linux Zealot

• Premium Members
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:Learning Linux/Apache/PHP/MySQL<br>Emulation<br>Computer Hardware<br>Historical European Swordsmanship
BitTorrent Beautifully and Blissfully saves servers from sucky slashdottings.

'tis a good thing, it is.

Thraxen

Thraxen

Needs Sunlight

• Premium Members
  • 635 posts
WTF are you talking about? Every download is corrupted? Bittorrent automatically checks each piece it downloads and if it's corrupted it downloads that piece again. I've never had a corrupted download with Bittorrent. It also doesn't come with any spyware.

Are you sure you are even using Bittorrent? If so, what client are you using? Most people use the original or Shadow's.

FirebrandX

FirebrandX

Novice

• Members
  • 49 posts
I have nothing but good things to say about bit torrent. I used it to get samsho5 off suprnova today and the sucker downloaded in like 5 minutes flat with over a 100 kibs a second! I was so pleased, I left it on all day to return the favor to others.

BTW, Nebula is not that bad. My only problem with it is the forced pseudo-stereo on all sounds. Never understood why the programmer forces that...

Edited by FirebrandX, 25 December 2003 - 04:17 AM.

nicknicknickandnick

nicknicknickandnick

Proud Fan

• Premium Members
  • 153 posts
The only thing getting in the way is when the original version asks if you want to donate, which I can't complain too much about. Otherwise, I was surprised how simple it was to operate. Click a link, click an icon that appears, and if there's an active source, you get the file.

Run SpyBot or AdAware and try BitTorrent again... it should be fine.

devil259

devil259

Novice

• Members
  • 46 posts
i got a weird problem at bit torrent....some of my d/l goes 50 - 60k/s while others is 0 - 10k/s... :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users