xbox soldering

alundra

im going to solder a chip on my xbox..i also soldered a chip on my old playstation which is a little difficult for me cause the points to be solder is so small...so i just wondering(to those who has installed chip on both playstation and xbox) which one is harder to solder? the xbox chip or the playstation chip? thanks

im going to solder a chip on my xbox..i also soldered a chip on my old playstation which is a little difficult for me cause the points to be solder is so small...so i just wondering(to those who has installed chip on both playstation and xbox) which one is harder to solder? the xbox chip or the playstation chip? thanks

Playstation chips most definitely. About half of those always solder to SMT points as where the Xbox is just one Pin Header and a d0 which is pretty easy if you use the ones on the back of the motherboard.

Practice Soldering By Hacking A PSX Controller? Thats What I Did Not I Find Soldering Easy As Hell, Jsut Don't For Get To Use Your Flux, And Super Wick.

Yes the xbox is very easy to solder - nice big points. As with PSX modding, I would make sure the contact is clean first (just scrape/scratch it slightly to make sure you remove any protective coatings - solder doesnt stick very well to that stuff). Then coat the ends of the wires and points with solder before trying to join them (a tiny amount of flux will do the trick). Try to use as short as possible wires, and make them of similar length. Also cut the exposed ends of the wires short, they wont need any length poking out.

Now simply bring the coated (tinned) wire and point together and heat then presto! a lovelly join. Make sure when routing wires around inside the xbox, you dont squash them in between bits or sharp metal! (may expose the wire!). Once the solder is cool, test the join by tugging very lightly on the wire

Take some care, don't use excessive heat or you may lift the points/tracks from the board! it does not take much heat to solder these things, use a fine tip and a low wattage iron, and you will NJoY!

pin header's holder should cover the lpc as is last i checked but i decided to do wire install in mine since it was a lot easier then hassling with pin header.

xbox soldering reminds me of ps1/psx soldering but much easier except for D0 but even that point has an easier way to do it (from the back).

as you can see the pic below..all the pins were completely cover by solder..so is that means if i solder my pins on my xbox..i have to do samething like in the picture below..and does it have to look like that or it doesnt matter as long as i put solder around the root of the pins..thanks

x3_16lpc_solder.jpg