played CFJ arcade

Xeon

i went to the local arcade earlier and i was surprised that they have CFJ. but fairly disappointed in the end.

i only played it once but is still sort of worth it on my end since i got to finish it in that one sitting anyway :)

the gameplay physics is exactly like CVS2, but the mechanics are vastly stripped down. SF2 characters only have one super bar, and only SF3 characters can parry, etc. its not a true 2-on-2 fighting as some may think, you just have the option to change to your partner after each round.

the visuals (i mean the art sections) made by former SNK artist never failed to impress me. however, the sprites will depress you, its exactly the same sprites from the games the characters represented (i dont think their animation has been buffed either).

the last boss, Pyron, again using the old sprite he used in VS2, didnt feel like a boss to me at all, maybe the game was just set to a lower difficulty level :P

the endings only show row-by-row images (which will resemble a comic book page afterwards), one for each character you selected. dont think of this as a spoiler as YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS. it rocks, probably my favorite section of the game :)

since i only played it in one sitting, i dont have a clue if there are other end bosses or hidden characters. if you think Ingrid is a Kula ripoff, youre wrong, shes an Athena clone, even the background music when you fight her will prove that

overall rating...no comment. damn Capcom, WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?!?? :D:rolleyes:

this stufff is pretty much stuff we already knew and expected really...so im not like dissapointed or anythin like that. :)

i like how there are 5 different fighting systems. it makes the matches a little more challenging in my opinion. like 3strike characters can only parry whereas only alpha characters can air block (i think). thats a challenge for all skillful players out there.

sprites, i mean, its capcom, so dont expect much out of them. :P

the 2 on 2 choosings (rival schools), now i like that. again, another challenge and little more variety. :)

i am a capcom fan but im not sayin all this bc i am one. im just lookin at the bright side, and telling myself, well at least theres a capcom fighting game thats coming out and looks decent enough. better than nothing at all... :D

since uve played it, i guess i better run out and check it out myself...good stuff man!

this was not a true fighting jam, what they should have done is put all the characters of sf (1,2,3,Zero)vs Vampire vs Rival schools plus characters from megaman, captain commando, devil may cry, strider, resident evil, powerstone,final fight,ghouls and ghost, dino crisis, ect! now that would be a JAM!!!

they know what we want....but why wont they do it!!!

they know what we want....but why wont they do it!!!

Yes, that would rock, but i'm afraid that production costs keep the dream of an 'ultimate crossover' from becoming a reality. in between tracking down naming rights (powerstone chars not actually owned by capcom... i think) and making a board with enougn expensive memory to hold all those characters, the task becomes quite difficult. also, it would be hard to produce a game that was true to each character's original style, and we already have a simplified engine with tons of characters in Marvel vs. Capcom 2.

I say wait 5 years, then maybe. :) I still want capcom vs. snk vs. marvel, so i can finally have my unstoppable team of Captain America, Jin, and Shingo. :)

i didnt think it was horrible altogether, just awfully lackluster :punk:

as for game competitiveness, i dont think i can do a good judgement with that one cause i havent played anything competitively (im a single player person). i would of preferred to see the "Grooves" return though, makes things equal for everybody.

also, after winning each battle (not round mind you - before the score shows), it just seem to take a long pause for some reason. nothing fatal with that one, but i ended up trying to fast forward the game after each battle (because evey fighting game before this one has it) :clapping:

if you like the game engine, you may just end up getting back to CVS2 afterwards. ill still play this if i get to see this in the arcade again, just to pass time.

and btw Boomba_Goose, the endings in CFJ, you see your sig? the caliber looks like those, just looks a lot more japanese. :thumbsup1:

Edited by Xeon

i cant believe they did this they could have made a better fighting jam even if they use only the characters they have rights too, they have more than enough to include more than 2 or so from each series. they are losing it in thier old age it seems.