neo geo battle coliseum

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, most of the designs in SVC are good, but sometimes the animations need work. Especially Sagat - he looks deformed, with a tiny head, and his tiger uppercut is the same "arm held up" animation, just moving across the screen. blecch... :) Also, Zero looks like a child and isn't badass enough. I understand that SNK is limited by the MegaMan Zero character design, but they could have at least made him the right height (normal human size). In an ideal world they would have used the awesome long-haired samurai Zero design from Mega Man X.

However, the good in SVC far outweighs the bad. And i wouldn't mind seeing SVC Genjuro turn up in NGBC.

Yes, most of the designs in SVC are good, but sometimes the animations need work.  Especially Sagat - he looks deformed, with a tiny head, and his tiger uppercut is the same "arm held up" animation, just moving across the screen.  blecch... :lol: Also, Zero looks like a child and isn't badass enough.  I understand that SNK is limited by the MegaMan Zero character design, but they could have at least made him the right height (normal human size).  In an ideal world they would have used the awesome long-haired samurai Zero design from Mega Man X.

However, the good in SVC far outweighs the bad.  And i wouldn't mind seeing SVC Genjuro turn up in NGBC.

Do you know that the stance for Sagat is the most accurate one to showcase Muay Thai, instead of Capcom's? :)

And they are right in putting this Zero in. It is fresh :rolleyes:

And I do agree Chun Li's thigh *ahem*....remind me of one of the villianess from James Bond movie :lol:

and capcom did a crappy job animating the SNK characters, well most of them , i liked how they did Kyo,Iori, Joe, and Rugal

but they way the did Ryo was aweful! and King was garbage, too darn curvy i hate it when they do that for her, i love king because shes Handsome! not pretty!

Atomiswave.

And Sagat in SvC had some of the worst animation. I remember laughing when I did his Tiger Genocide (or whatever the move where he flies at you with a kick) and it just looked so bad. The rest of the Capcom characters looked pretty damn cool, especially Dhaslim.

Capcom did an admirable job with SNK characters but I didn't like their Kyo, Ryo, or King.

Atomiswave.

And Sagat in SvC had some of the worst animation. I remember laughing when I did his Tiger Genocide (or whatever the move where he flies at you with a kick) and it just looked so bad. The rest of the Capcom characters looked pretty damn cool, especially Dhaslim.

I agree with you there. The animation for Tiger Genocide is pathetic.

All in all, I'm very pleased how Capcom pulled off the SNK characters.