my first attempt at an Avatar

the transition needs work because the tank jumps around a bit. When its going across the Plastic slug, near the end the tank goes into the the letters.

Might want to fix that. But still pretty cool :)

im using ulead Gif animator, is that a good program?

its learning curve is not that bad, but some stuff i cant figure out, for instance i wanted to make the slug climb (ie by rotating it) but the second i rotated it it turned it blurry and it slowed pink sprites behind it? also it wanted to rotate other sprites, such as the ones that repeat so it messed up other parts as well. any way, ill have to start from scratch if i wanted to do any edits because i combined the images into single image.

Edited by PLasticSlug

Best way to do it would probably be to edit the individual frames in something like Paint Shop Pro or GIMP (or Photoshop if you have it), and then get a little program that turns all your frames into an animated GIF. You'll have to keep transparency in mind when you make your frames, but that should just be a matter of using a single color for the background.

or u can make it in flash but make sure u save it as gif, that's how i made my sig