Anime Movies to show in CN

Cartoon Network has announced at the official Adult Swim boards that they have picked up Cowboy Bebop: The Movie, Metropolis, and two Inuyasha movies for 2005. Metropolis is scheduled to premiere in "early 2005," the Inuyasha movies in Spring and Summer, and Cowboy Bebop: The Movie in the Fall.

Which Inuyasha movies they are showing is unspecified, however at this time only two movies are licensed, the first movie, Inuyasha the Movie: Affections Touching Across Time, and the second one, Inuyasha: The Castle Beyond the Looking Glass.

http://boards.adultswim.com/adultswim/boar...id=47&jump=true :blink:

I like Fritz Lang's Metropolis, is this anime have any relation to it? Like a homage or anything?

If I'm not mistaken the Anime metropolis is based on Fritz Lang's Metropolis.

I haven't seen the original Metropolis, so I can't comment that.

True that the DVDs are easier for fans, but I like this because it exposes them to people who may not have seen them. I haven't given Inayusha a chance yet (mostly because it looks at first glance like every other sword-wielding fuzzy-eared anime out ther, none of which I'm big on), but Cowboy Bebop and Metropolis, from what I've heard, could edumacate some people about the potential of anime (and animation in general) as a medium for serious storytelling. I'm all about preaching the virtues of alternative media. :P

Edited by Daeval

but Cowboy Bebop and Metropolis, from what I've heard, could edumacate some people about the potential of anime (and animation in general) as a medium for serious storytelling.  I'm all about preaching the virtues of alternative media.  :P

Don't forget Studio Ghibli's works. Those are groundbreaking in this field.

but Cowboy Bebop and Metropolis, from what I've heard, could edumacate some people about the potential of anime (and animation in general) as a medium for serious storytelling.  I'm all about preaching the virtues of alternative media.  :P

Don't forget Studio Ghibli's works. Those are groundbreaking in this field.

Definately, among others, I was just reffering to those that Cartoon Network had picked up.

Anyone remember how back in the day the only channel on TV that would ever show anime was the Scifi Channel and that too only on Saturday mornings? And they'd alternate the same ones every weekend. Talk about the stone age. :P

Edited by GryphonKlaw

In Canada, there was only 2 stations that showed anime at the time. Teletoon(which would reintroduce me into Anime with view discretion ones) and YTV. Now if I get a dish or digital cable, I can see more o.o