The Official Samurai Shodown V Special Thread!

James

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Using the vx2wav program, I extracted all the sound clips from SS5 Special, and to my surprise some of the sounds that were ripped were the very ones that my kawaks wouldn't play (Ones I referred to earlier like the splattering in Rasetsumaru and Suija's overkills) therefore, I'm convinced my sound roms are just fine. Either some other rom or my emulator is what's preventing these sounds from playing.

Actually, does my M1 rom need the patches listed here? The links here are now too old and are down. My m1 is 128k so that might be the problem. Can someone send me these patches?

Edited by Abster

They get it for free and they still want more.

Anyway if the V roms are fine then the problrm is with the M rom and so far there is no patches that fix that.

I cannot hold the patches online forever What I Find strange is that you never bothered with the patches weeks ago

From what I understand you wont be able to use the 512k M rom in Kawaks or Nebula anyway.

Edited by James

No that means everyone has the same problem.

Kawaks , Nebula , NRX cannot use the m1 Those emulators can only use the m1d 128k

m1 = Encrypted

m1d =Decrypted

Only way Mame will be able to use the encrypted M rom is when someone works out how to add code so it would work in Mame Other than that Mame only uses the decrypted 512k M rom.

Edited by James

never mind.  I fixed it myself.  Thanks for nothing.  What a crappy forum.

Hey hey hey, if we knew of an existing patch, we would have helped you already. No need to be so rude.

I'm glad that you found the solution yourself though.

hey :)...

i'm new to this site..rite now i have the samsho5 zip file and the updated version of neogeo rage..and i see u guys sayin it should work. But it isnt workin and i think its because the files in the samsho5.zip are BIN files and not ROM files what should i do. Can i make dem ROM files..it doesnt seem like i can find a site with the rom files

(i dled samsho5.zip from shareaza and i like neogeorageX so i want it 2 work very badly) can anyone help me :thumbsup1:

ade1806@yahoo.co.uk...i'll keep checking back for replies also

Edited by aac