The Official Samurai Shodown V Special Thread!

James

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

and i dont buy that video filters crap either, as none of those are in the real machines, so are the macros.

you have obviously never played in mexico or in south america in general, most of the screens if not all have the scanlines, and some around here have different filters too, like the SVC chaos at my local arcade has terribe chopy looking quality and its far smoother looking on kawaks

i dont need to or have to go to mexico/south america. we have enough arcades here in the philippines to make my observations.

also, im not against scanlines, the RGB aperture grills, and any filters that tries to approach the actual arcade monitor feel. im talking about the HQ2x/4x/2xSai types of filters (those enhancers type) and the arguments about those (like: Kawaks is teh cool because it has a nice frame blending+SuperEagle - bleh :D ).

the real arcades show pixellation and other imperfections to your eyes and thats that. now tell me, where have you found a real neogeo arcade that has HQ2x/4x/SuperEagle/2xSai/etc?

as for James, gee what can i say? its been years since i saw him on the internet but this is the first time i saw him blow a candle on the intarweb. besides, im not any good at making birthday greetings, especially to someone nearly 50% older than me :P

Edited by Xeon

HEADS UP FOR THOSE SEEKING ARCADE CABINETS!!~!!!!

Nov. 20th Orange County CA -- Orange county fairgrounds 8:00am-5:00pm

LARGEST ARCADE AUCTION IN THE WORLD 1000+ machines...EVERY NEOGEO MVS ever made

im getting a simpsons pinball and hopefully a neogeo candy cabinet for vertical shooters

:D

last year i got MINT COND. tekken 4 (system 248) never used - 175.00 25 in monitor, marvel vs street fighter CPS-2 25in monitor 100.00, and the neogeo mvs-1 cab mint 25 in monitor --100.00

BRING a U-haul and extension cords to test the machines your interested in before the auction starts at 10:00am

8:00am--10:00am you can test all the machines

:D

Edited by sammaz

Happy birthday to you,

happy birthday to you,

[chorus]HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, JAMES...[/chorus]

happy birthday to yooooooouuuuuu!

That arcade auction looks really interesting, too bad I'm thousand of kilometers from it... oh wait, I wouldn't have the money and the space needed anyway :D

Currently my mame plays all the sounds perfectly, and I have 2 different compilations of MAME, one has a messed up background and the other has no problems at all. Everything sounds like it should.

I personally think different compilations sound different, although it's only a speculation.

Does it include the splattering sounds as well? If so, which 2 versions of Mame are you using?

The Phantom,Nov 16 2004, 07:58 PM]Currently my mame plays all the sounds perfectly, and I have 2 different compilations of MAME, one has a messed up background and the other has no problems at all. Everything sounds like it should.

I personally think different compilations sound different, although it's only a speculation.

Does it include the splattering sounds as well? If so, which 2 versions of Mame are you using?

everyone has the same romsets its not going to make any differnce what emulators is being used.

The Phantom,Nov 16 2004, 07:58 PM]Currently my mame plays all the sounds perfectly, and I have 2 different compilations of MAME, one has a messed up background and the other has no problems at all. Everything sounds like it should.

everyone has the same romsets its not going to make any differnce what emulators is being used.

Well, I have korean compilations of mame called "MAMELONA-43" and "EKMAME PLUS", and I am even using the same romfile without anything done to them, and they perform differently. If emulators are not the issue, then Im having trouble finding what the issue may be.

Well, I have korean compilations of mame called "MAMELONA-43" and "EKMAME PLUS", and I am even using the same romfile without anything done to them, and they perform differently. If emulators are not the issue, then Im having trouble finding what the issue may be.

How do these emulators perform differently?