bit torrent question

Inky

ok shareaza is locking up all the time. and I have a bittorrent download I want to switch to another download app like azuras(sp) or bittorrent++. is it possible to resume the download in another program or will I have to start the whole file over again? I have over a gig already and don't feel like starting over. :(

on a side note, does anyone know of a good spy ware and anti virus program that catches and removes everything? ad-aware and AVG aren't getting rid of all my spyware. :shootem:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It should start up where you left off. Just whenever you open the torrent in whatever new program you use (I suggest Azureus) make sure you download it to the same folder where the current file is. If the tracker already sees that the file is there, it will examine the file and see how much you have downloaded.

Most trackers ban using shareaza for some reason.

I'm not sure, but Shareaza seems to remove the torrent from seeding as soon as you close Shareaza. Weirdy had a better explanation if I remember correctly.

thanks guys, unfortunatly I couldn't get it to resume in a different client. so I just started it over. it seems to be going pretty damn fast in azureus though ;) I uninstalled shareaza. I don't think I have ever finished downloading anything with it. heheh. and I think I have my spyware handled thanks GC!

Sharrza works fine for me but if i want to switch what should i use? i want something that can be config so i can use firewall and something that can pause and resume. also something that doesn't take up a lot of resources

I have a weird bitorrent problem that is driving me insane and I could really used some help. In the past week or so, whenever I try and run my bittorrent app (ABC) it cuts my internet connection down to a crawl. The bitorrent doesn't get any speed (not suprising since its bitorrent) but it also cuts my browser and anything else I try and run down to nothing. I can't even check my email while its running.

Anyone seen this slowdown problem before and know what to do about it?

EDIT: I tried it in azureus as well. Same deal, pretty much kills my internet connection. Maybe its something with the port or something? I just can't figure out what would cause it to affect my connection this way.

Edited by Sultan

when i'm done dowloading a file through bittorrent..should i leave it opne?.and if i do..does that make my download for other files go fasteR??

Yes, you should leave it open because that's the point of Bit torrent. There is no reason to be a leecher. Uh..I think the more you upload, the faster your download goes but I think that's just for individual files and not your overall upload and download. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

But you should leave it open.