Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike

Wouldn't suprise me if the Xbox version has the shower scene with Chun-Li. Seems similar to the PS2 version of BMX XXX (which is a sucky game no matter which console you play it on) was the only one of the 3 systems to be censored.

Though The Guy Game isn't censored on PS2 so I'm really just rammbling.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the sf2 movie was edited even on the japanese version so xbox will most likely get the same one. also even the unrated version dvd/vhs thats out in usa still doesn't have that scene.

as for sf aniversary pal not having sf3, the reason is simple; the idea of adding sf3 came late when capcom annouced it for usa so pal users got the same as japan but japan does have sf3 now on its own so i don't know if capcom plans to port that one to pal users.

the sf2 movie was edited even on the japanese version so xbox will most likely get the same one. also even the unrated version dvd/vhs thats out in usa still doesn't have that scene.

as for sf aniversary pal not having sf3, the reason is simple; the idea of adding sf3 came late when capcom annouced it for usa so pal users got the same as japan but japan does have sf3 now on its own so i don't know if capcom plans to port that one to pal users.

Thanks. Good info.

The PAL xbox version will have both bundled together (I think), but the xbox pad is crap for 2D fighters.

The English/European SF2 movie had the Chun-Li shower scene. It was only when I downloaded the Avi for my PC that I realised that it had been cut (I downloaded US version obviously).

I hope they do release 3rd Strike separately. For budget price hopefully. I want compensation! :shootem:

Edited by shin_nihon_kikaku

Although I seriously doubt they'll bother. 2D fighters don't rate highly on mass-market pr/cks agendas. Although Manhunt and Need for Speed Underground do, apparently.

Best fix = Removing the input lag. I've had the Japanese version for some time now and it was worth the 150 sum dollars I spent ordering the special edition.

Third post in a row coming up...

I've been thinking about this input lag you talk about.

There is no such thing as input lag in the DC version of SF3 3rd Strike or the others. I think the reason you experienced this is because you are playing it on the DC pad, which is frankly, the worst pad possible for 2D fighting games. Obviously the D-pad (which is unresponsive) and the slow shoulder triggers will be the main reason you believe this lag exists.

I play both SF3 games on the DC arcade stick and there is no lag whatsoever. It controls exactly like every other quality 2D fighter I have played.

There is no way that Capcom would release a game with such a bug. The last time I experienced control issues in a 2D fighter was the Sega Saturn version of Fatal Fury 3, which was just a tacky conversion all around.

It seems as though you are unfairly criticising the DC version to make the PS2 version sound much better. And what's the answer to my question about how many animation frames the PS2 version is missing? my guess is "too many". The DC version has almost all frames (and this is incredibly important to the whole feeling of SFIII) and the loading time is extremely quick, the PS2 is notorously slow to load so even if they've worked miracles it won't compare favourably. Basically, the DC version is the best home version possible outside of emulation. (with the proper sega arcade sticks)

I'm not being biased and slating the PS2 version (I own every format going), but I felt that if people are reading these posts and haven't experienced the DC version they are going to think it's not the top-notch conversion that it truly is (and preferable to the PS2 version).

It's too much hassle to set the sticks up (and experience those pins and needles from hell) every time I want to play the best 2D fighting series ever. But I don't know if I can live with the frame cuts on the PS2....Hmmmm....

It's not a bug, they intentionally put the input lag there.

I'm not saying the PS2 version is any better, I'm just saying, as much as I love the dreamcast version, the subtle difference between the two would the input lag, it's there, my controllers are fine. Maybe you aren't noticing it. As for the PS2 version, I don't notice any missing frames as much, but I haven't touched my PS2 since I got SF3, so I haven't done anything to it yet.

Edited by K`dash

What's this the bloody X-Files?! Why on Earth would they put it in intentionally? What purpose does it serve?

I've played the arcade and it plays exactly the same with the DC arcade sticks...

I'm not noticing it because a ) I use the sticks and, b ) It isn't there.

Your controllers aren't 'fine', they're controllers.

Why on Earth would they put it in intentionally. What purpose does it serve?

I've played the arcade and it plays exactly the same with the DC arcade sticks...

Who knows what it does, it's Capcom were talking about. They put it in for some reason and everyone doesn't even know why they put it there.

Arcade version is very different to teh dreamcast version imo.

Go ask at SRK if you don't believe me.

Another edit:

I'm not noticing it because a ) I use the sticks and, b ) It isn't there.

Your controllers aren't 'fine', they're controllers.

Then please explain why my Xarcade sticks get input lag. Edited by K`dash