whats your favorite soundtrack?

Madi

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Favourite movie soundtrack: the first Batman movie. Danny Elfman is a master, and the whole album is a masterpiece, suiting the movie's gothic feel very well. "Descent Into Mystery" is one and a half minutes of gothic paradise.

Favourite game soundtrack: the Diablo 2 soundtrack. Matt Uelmen is another master, and the combination of slow, haunting songs, and sharper, menacing orchestral scores make playing Diablo 2 still a very memorable (and scary) experience today, even though the game is quite old.

An honourable mention are some of the tunes found in the classic Dooms. They may be basic midi tunes, but nearly all seem to evoke dread and another negative emotions within you as you play. The music when you take on two Barons of Hell at the end of the first episode is my favourite - I think it is used again on the first level of episode four in Thy Flesh Consumed.

Edited by Chaotica

Favorite soundtrack - ALL

But listen the Silent Hill series mostly.

The first Silent Hill OST freaked me out with its piano tracks.

Those piano tracks are down right gorgous. I love them.

Favorite soundtrack - ALL

But listen the Silent Hill series mostly.

The first Silent Hill OST freaked me out with its piano tracks.

Those piano tracks are down right gorgous. I love them.

I usually listen to the S.H. soundtracks for the novelty, for most of them don't actually have a rhythm. "You're Not Here" is one of my fave ones that is rhythmic, though.

Anon.