Need some answers :)

Keith

1Emulation InterActive is a registered company if anything does happen which I could get sued. I am not going to risk my entire site for just some emulator, no matter how good it can be in the future. It doesn't seem that anyone cares about us and that how this emulator will effect 1Emulation. That's the one reason why I had no choice but to ditch the project. I am trying to make 1Emulation as legal as possible. A lot of changes will be taken soon and this emulator was a extreme legal risk for all of us and I know many have you been saying we have had other stuff that could be questionable, but this emulator was far different than anything we've ever had.

Every programmer I have talked to as of now have disregarded this emulator. Because I know every programmer know's the term "Script Kiddie" and it's the one thing programmers just don't allow. I've taken programming classes before and when someone tried to find code from somewhere else and implement it in their program, there was always an arguement. To hack someone else's code illegaly and rename it would have gotten you a punch in the face after class. Programming has it's code of honor, as just about anything does. The only reason why I accepeted this emulator in the first place was because of the email they sent to Sega which now when I read it, you can tell towards the end, Sega does not allow these kind of projects. I think it has finally come together for me now that the stress of this emulator has been pulled off my shoulders.

Therefore, I can not spend my entire day constantly helping this emulator if I no longer support and even if Magnis (Co-Owner) does not support it. As well as many of my staff members, it's just not going to happen.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also in the history it mentions that Snail has made emulators in the past and helped make others better. I am curious what other types of projects he has worked on and if they were ever made public.

I think he made the NGAGE emulator too

Does anybody find it odd that they started off claiming it was 100% legit, and their argument has since gone the way of debating whether emulation in general is legal? Does anyone else not see this as them admitting defeat? They have abandoned arguing the legality of their own emulator and since taken shots at everyone and everything else.

Now, moving from a legality side to a morality side. And this may be an even bigger strike against them in my book. Hacks.

The thing with SupraHLE is, he admits it's a hack. He calls it a hack, he promotes it as a hack, and he's upfront about it's status. There aren't lies, deception, and deceit. He's not stealing others work, but modifying and giving credit.

There are three blatant lies by "Team Cassini".

1) That this is a legal project.

- I think that has been pretty thoroughly proven, through the various posts at EmuFanatics, EmuHelp and SegaXtreme.

2) That this is an open source project.

- Go read up on the GPU/GNL. Giving out disassembled ASM code is far from a legitimate Open Source Emulator. Then, to list this:

5. At this time, all rights to this project are held by Team Cassini. However, as many people contributed to get it this far, and as much more help will be needed, anyone may contribute.

Is an utter slap in the face to the open source movement.

3) That this is a continuation of GiriGiri with 40% new code. This appears to be a blatant HACK of GiriGiri with a new frontend. They have yet to answer any of the technical questions posed by ones questioning the validity of the emulator.

They've shown a complete and utter disregard to intellectual property rights, the merits of open source software, and the rights of the hardwork of real coders. They've lied their way up to this point, and they'll continue to lie until noone will believe them anymore.

and the rights of the hardwork of real coders.

There is no such thing as real coders. They just used existing code and modified it. To an extent, there is no such thing as "real coders."

There is no such thing as real coders. They just used existing code and modified it. To an extent, there is no such thing as "real coders."

There are no real coders? I've got a few friends who have developed emulators from scratch who would like to argue that point with you.

I meant the term "real coders" means nothing.

and the other part of "They just used existing code and modified it" i was talking about Cassiniininiiinini

Edit: Well sheit, now i'm going to get flamed for my views.

Edited by K`dash

To whoever said that the reason this emulator is no longer supported here because we hate Sega and the Saturn is completely ludricrous. The reason its not being supported here is because Sega would most probably hate Cassini because right now its a blatant piece of copyright infringement. Even though I am not a programmer in any sense of the word (I hate and suck at programming), I do research and write scientific papers for class and work, I would HATE it if someone decided to take it and change a few things and say its theirs without my permission. If I expressly tell them that they can use my paper as a guide for their assignment, then its OK, but to take it without making sure its alright is just wrong and very un-cool.

Edited by GryphonKlaw

Huh?  You said there's no such thing as a real coder.  Explain yourself.  What do you mean?  How does this defend the actions of "Team Cassini"

read my edit.