my crappy computer

;) Same for you :lol:

Maybe his computer suits him, or he doesn't have enough money to buy another one, or maybe he's too lazy to go buy one, or maybe he's some kind of masochist, or maybe he's tied to his computer with handcuffs, or maybe he had a holy vision telling him to keep his computer, or maybe... There can be many reasons  B)

The lack of money basically and the fact that this comp is special in some way. The reason I want to upgrade is to watch hi-res movies and get into emulation more. (Since my comp can't go higher than DirectX 5 without getting borked) The current setup doesn't grant me either of those. PC gaming isn't a seller for me.

Edited by Agozer

I got a frigging 66Mhz 486 with 48 MB of ram running here. Good thing it's not my main main PC. It's my server, even my server has a server.

I'm going to need to make some minor upgrades to play some of the news games, specifically more RAM and a new mobo+processor. And then I'll do my massive overall when Duke Nukem Forever or Unreal 3 engine (or any next gen engine) games come out.

so if i add more ram then i can watch avi formated movies at a fine rate cuz i always thought it was my processor

Strange... your processor and the amount of your RAM should be plenty enough to play divx and that kind of stuff... maybe the problem comes from somewhere else.

Maybe you could try looking in the task manager what is using your processor's time?

Or use VLC to read your films (I doubt it would change anything, but it uses its own codecs, so who knows).

i feel sad for u but y don't u buy a new computer or make ur own( if u have a job) ( don't know how old u r)

:lol: Same for you :lol:

Maybe his computer suits him, or he doesn't have enough money to buy another one, or maybe he's too lazy to go buy one, or maybe he's some kind of masochist, or maybe he's tied to his computer with handcuffs, or maybe he had a holy vision telling him to keep his computer, or maybe... There can be many reasons B)

Actually, I was having trouble watching movies on my old pc (intel 733mhz, 256 megs of sdram, nvidia TNT2) - DVDs were always blurry whenever movement happened, wmvs and stuff would pause for a second every minute or so because the processor couldn't work up, and divx...okay divx worked fine but it took AGES to load). Of course I have none of those problems now I have a 2.8ghz Celeron with 512k ddram, and Radeon 9200se (128mb version).

Actually, I was having trouble watching movies on my old pc (intel 733mhz, 256 megs of sdram, nvidia TNT2) - DVDs were always blurry whenever movement happened, wmvs and stuff would pause for a second every minute or so because the processor couldn't work up, and divx...okay divx worked fine but it took AGES to load). Of course I have none of those problems now I have a 2.8ghz Celeron with 512k ddram, and Radeon 9200se (128mb version).

A friend of mine has a 600MHz celeron with 192 megs of RAM and an integrated video card and reads all these just fine (except dvds, since he doesn't have a dvd player).

I have a 1.2ghz celeron with onboard everything that sucks(and the graphics pallete only goes up to 24bps) with 384mbs of ram and the graphics ram is 32mbs

the main thing I wanna improve is the graphics and I need a new card, anyways, I've been thinking of getting this one (since I don't have any agp slots)

Edited by Weirdanzeige

I have a 1.2ghz celeron with onboard everything that sucks(and the graphics pallete only goes up to 24bps) with 384mbs of ram and the graphics ram is 32mbs

the main thing I wanna improve is the graphics and I need a new card, anyways, I've been thinking of getting this one (since I don't have any agp slots)

Looks pretty good

But then again, I don't know how the numerical system works on geforce cards (I have a vague idea which radeon card follows which in which numerical order) - but ive heard that card is pretty nice and new though.

That's a pretty sweet card for PCI.

Thats what I got except mine is "1.3ghz" and my video graphics card is a 64mb radon one.

1.2 GHz would at times 1200MHz or 1999Mhz

1.3 GHz would at times 1300MHz, 1299MHz or 1305Mhz (I comfirmed each one too, my CPU sometimes clocks it self higher for some reason when ever I reboot.