my crappy computer

AMD Athlon 600MHz

256MB ram

32mb Ati xpert2000 video card

Creative pci 64 sound card

8x cd-burner

my computer sounds really slow but for some reason it's not slow at all, but my processor is too slow to play any games at all so i only play roms

Oh please...you call that slow?

My specs:

Intel Pentium 200 MHz MMX

32MB RAM

1MB ATI RAGE (3D) II + a 4MB RealVision Flash Voodoo1

SoundBlaster Vibra 16X soundcard

24x/4x/2x CD-R/-RW burner

Bite the dust.

do u even use that computer cuz da i posted about is da 1 i use everyday

I'd consider anything above 500 MHz largely enough for anything except games (depends which game) and real-time video encoding, as long as it has enough RAM.

I have a 800MHz Duron with 384 Megs of RAM and a Radeon, and it works like a charm.

so if i add more ram then i can watch avi formated movies at a fine rate cuz i always thought it was my processor

do u even use that computer cuz da i posted about is da 1 i use everyday

Yes, this is the only computer I have, apart from a busted up HP Vectra 25MHz.

i feel sad for u but y don't u buy a new computer or make ur own( if u have a job) ( don't know how old u r)

i feel sad for u but y don't u buy a new computer or make ur own( if u have a job) ( don't know how old u r)

I'll be getting a new one fairly soon, no worries there. ;) If you care, I'm 21 and no, I don't have a job nor will I get one any time soon.

so if i add more ram then i can watch avi formated movies at a fine rate cuz i always thought it was my processor

Strange... your processor and the amount of your RAM should be plenty enough to play divx and that kind of stuff... maybe the problem comes from somewhere else.

Maybe you could try looking in the task manager what is using your processor's time?

Or use VLC to read your films (I doubt it would change anything, but it uses its own codecs, so who knows).

;) Same for you :lol:

Maybe his computer suits him, or he doesn't have enough money to buy another one, or maybe he's too lazy to go buy one, or maybe he's some kind of masochist, or maybe he's tied to his computer with handcuffs, or maybe he had a holy vision telling him to keep his computer, or maybe... There can be many reasons B)

i'll just format it to mpeg then burn it to a vcd