Sony Just Got Screwed!

Ok...I have been told by an inside source that....

a VIRTUA FIGHTER GAME WILL BE ON THE XBOX!!!!

It's not just any Virtua Fighter, it's dubbed the "Virtua Fighter Network" for Xbox Live.

Think of it this way. You create your own fighter like PSO. You live in a virtual world like in Shenmue. Your primary money maker is Street Fighting with others (people online) but you can take on mini-missions like in Shenmue to rake in the extra dough.

The way it works, you all start from almost nothing, but you work your way up to the top. You can work jobs, do missions or fight others along the way. Eventually when you make enough money and you gain recognition, you will be invited (or be able to join) real tournaments, as not only your character in-game, but these will be tournies official ones that are hosted by Sega, as the winner you win prizes and you earn more cash. You can work your way from living in a crappy apartment to living a high class mansion, and you can own your own home.

You run your character in this virtual world, and the world will be persistant, like Shenmue except a majority of characters you will encounter are players with few NPCs in-game.

You can choose to live and play in major cities in most countries with the ability to download more as the game proresses. If you lived in a city in the U.S., you can earn your way to the top, fly over to Japan, rent a room, and get on with fighting there.

The setting is set in the mid-late 80s, kind of like Shenmue. The game is played like Shenmue when you are playing through the virtual world, but the actual fighting is based on VF4. You can create characters of many sizes, shapes, colors, gender or age.

The number of players at once is unknown.

Edited by ForceX

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's virtua fighter... not worth getting upset about... maybe if it was a street fighter or kof game... but snk and capcom seem to both be leaning towards ps2 for most releases... and anyways just coz its announced as an x-box exclusive doesnt mean itll stay that way...

Hmm...I thought it was some major news like they are recalling all PS2s because they are actually ticking time bombs but this isn't very important to me. I bet Fatal will soil his shorts when he reads this. :blink:

haha fatal might need a xbox! lol

hmm all we need i kof mi on xbox and i wouldnt need to buy one :blink:

gonna buy the kof 2k2+2k3 double pack for the box once it comes out

The Virtua Fighter in question, if i is Final Tuned or Virtua Fighter Network, and I just know that Fatal will go bonkers. I tried to tell him that FT would appear on the Bill-BOX, but I'm not sure if he believed me or not. :blink:

Anyway, I'm not going to cry since I've got VF4: Evolution and that is enough.

Edited by Agozer

haha fatal might need a xbox! lol

hmm all we need i kof mi on xbox and i wouldnt need to buy one :-D

gonna buy the kof 2k2+2k3 double pack for the box once it comes out

KOF MI is coming to the XBOX as well....

I'm still alittle sus about the news but this source is usually quite reliable....