Three Caught Recording 'tomorrow'

Three moviegoers were caught recording the recently released disaster flick "The Day After Tomorrow" with handheld video cameras in U.S. and Canadian theaters. Two of the purported camcorder pirates were arrested in theaters in Los Angeles and Canada over the weekend trying to record the 20th Century Fox movie on digital video recorders for resale, and a third fled a Los Angeles theater when he was approached by theater personnel.

The practice known as "camcording" -- a misdemeanor crime in California -- allows video pirates to steal relatively high quality copies of films within hours or days of their release.

The copies then show up as pirated optical discs sold at street markets around the world long before the films are released on DVD.

More than 52 million illegal discs were seized around the world in 2003, according to the MPAA, the leading U.S. film studio trade group.

News Source

The Register

HAHAHAHA...they just got POWNED!!!!

High quality??? I have never seen one of those vids that are high quality. The quality is very, very low.

Depends on the release groups and where they are in the theater. I remember when The Matrix Reloaded came out, someone made a near 1:1 quality version of it using a camcorder.

I remember the Seinfeld episode where Kramer tried to get Jerry to "camcord" a movie for his friend. It was rather funny.

Ah yes! The Little Kicks (Ep. 138). :D Great episode.

A pity that they got arrested.

Why? You freeloading bastard! :lol: Does it pain you to pay for something?

I remember the Seinfeld episode where Kramer tried to get Jerry to "camcord" a movie for his friend. It was rather funny.

Ah yes! The Little Kicks (Ep. 138). :) Great episode.

A pity that they got arrested.

Why? You freeloading bastard! :lol: Does it pain you to pay for something?

for ten bucks...yes..haha :D

- sticks and stones may break my bones -  :lol:

you probably live in the states don't you?

Hehe yeah. Ticket price for us is still $7.50. But matinees have gone up from $4.00 to $5.00.

I mean, atleast wait for the DVD rip. No need for these camcorder people.