Psp Goes Colorless?

Alpha

The latest issue of Japan's weekly Famitsu gaming magazine contains somewhat of an unfortunate development in the PSP world. If you fell in love with those multi-colored PSP units shown at Sony Computer Entertainment's booth at the recent E3 trade show, it may break your heart to learn that they may not actually see release.

With regards to the colored portable systems, the company's public relations firm reveals to Famitsu, "They were just for reference. We plan to make the system black." This comment was in response to a question asked by Famitsu regarding the release of the multiple colors.

It's very possible that SCE plans on releasing multiple colors for the PSP, although black seems to be the default for the system and will likely arrive first.

If the PSP won't have different color's, this will be a huge advantage for Nintendo. I hope this doesn't happen. Post your comments here. :angry:

You mean the games or the casing? Cuz if it's the casing then pfffh! Who cares? I know how to spray paint. I know a guy who paints and mods xboxes so i aint worried, plus there will most likely be 3rd party cases.

You mean the games or the casing? Cuz if it's the casing then pfffh! Who cares? I know how to spray paint. I know a guy who paints and mods xboxes so i aint worried, plus there will most likely be 3rd party cases.

The casing is what I mean. :angry:

well it may be a stupid reason why sales can be effected by lack of color distrubution, but what if GBA didnt have all those colors and themes to choose from? they would still make money but not as much as they do with the different colors. its jus another idea to boost up somethin that is already a money maker. no doubt psp is gonna make a bundle, but i think people would like it if they get different kinds of psp casings to choose from. same concept for cell phones and different casings...

i wouldnt care, but i wouldnt mind havin sumthin to choose from..

Edited by BoomBa_GoosE

Sony WILL come out with colored version of PSP, but limited edition.

That will make people clamoured for it. This is what they do with PS2. :(

Like I said, It's stupid. Sony showed off different colours, WHY woudn't they mass market them?

Like I said, It's stupid. Sony showed off different colours, WHY woudn't they mass market them?

I dun know. It's just Sony. PS always in grey. PS2 always in black.

and PSP is also in black from the look of it.

SOny seems to have a liking for black :P