Join Mirc!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well. Since I was the one that created it and I'm not there anymore.

Mirc is free. Its that annoying pop up there.

All you have to do is crack it.

Also, Gamecop installed a script called jIRC that allows people that didn't have mIRC to connect to our irc channel....

*sigh* did no-one remember the previous posts I've made on the matter of IRC clients? How it sickens me every time I see someone refer to IRC they call it "mIRC" ? mIRC is a program (and a lousy one at that), not a network or a protocol.

People needing an IRC client should get xchat (which was linked to above). The use of mIRC seems to carry stupidity (several people observing this thread would be inclined to agree, I'm sure). Not only that, but mIRC users sometimes share files suing a method that allows only mIRC users to download from them, and they're completely ignorant of the fact that they're contributing to the "Microsoftification" of the internet by restricting the flow of information to Windoze-only PCs. This is no different than Microsoft butchering their own version of Kerberos authentication so as to be completely incompatible with operating systems which use standardized Kerberos, and Microsoft's attempt at tricking developers into using MS "J++" and flooding the java software market with Java software that would only work on Windows (and if you don't know why that's a bad thing, leave the internet. now.).

And what the heck is up with this talk of "cracking" a program? Some guy wrote a lousy excuse for an IRC client, and would like to get some money for it. He's entitled to that. You can use it without paying, but you have to be annoyed by his little nag screen. Don't want to pay or see the nag screen? Get a program that is free and doesn't have the nag screen, like xchat. There's no point in cracking mIRC when something better is legally available for free. Typical disrespect for copyright running rampant amongst Windoze users (yes, I realize the irony of posting this to a emulation message board).