Nintendo Ds And Sony's Psp Rumoured To Be..

Alpha

Rumours on the internet are shaping up to suggest that Nintendo and Sony will be launching their new handheld consoles in the same week in March next year.

Although both companies have suggested when they announced the consoles at E3 last week that the customer bases would be very different it seems that neither wants to give the other any lead time selling in the units.

The planned launch date is the 18th March just in time for the Easter weekend and seen in the retailing sector to be a key pick up time after the Christmas and then sales rush.

However it may be a one horse race as Sony’s PSP is estimated to be £50 ($90.67 USD) more than the Nintendo DS.

Post your comments here. :)

I find Sony Price for the PSP bullshit. It's business suicide if the PSP is priced like that. I still say it's going to be 200 USD.

Sony is kidding themselves if they think they can take on Nintendo in the handheld market with a piece of hardware that costs more and has nothing coming before it to be proving ground.

All I really care about, is that the DS will drive the price of a GBA into the basement and I can buy one for my brother if he still wants one by then.

Sony is kidding themselves if they think they can take on Nintendo in the handheld market with a piece of hardware that costs more and has nothing coming before it to be proving ground.

All I really care about, is that the DS will drive the price of a GBA into the basement and I can buy one for my brother if he still wants one by then.

But think about how much more you can do with it...not just from a game-creating point of view, but also play movies, listen to music, etc.. etc.. etc...

Let's just say this - I've never earned a hand-held before (not even a gameboy), I've never been tempted to buy one (except that I wanted a game gear), and even I want a PSP!

Pretty much like random, I've never bought a handheld, although I do own the original Game Boy. Besides, I could never play during car trips anyway, since I always got sick.

I'll drag my PS2 to my summer house if I need to play something dammit.

Pretty much like random, I've never bought a handheld, although I do own the original Game Boy. Besides, I could never play during car trips anyway, since I always got sick.

I'll drag my PS2 to my summer house if I need to play something dammit.

yeah i agree. i think, tho PSP is so impressive in so many different levels, i think the type of games that PSP will aqquire, should be played on a console, and on a TV.

i really like gba bc its has handheld quality games and the graphics are so nice for a portable. the graphics are good for the portable. but in PSP's case, if i wanted to play NBA Street, i rather play it on a PS2 with a huge tv so its at its full capacity. but this is jus me, i kno people would love to play those games on a tiny thing on their hands.

o btw, i get sick too in the car. thats why u play ur ps2 or xbox in the car hahah.

I think the problem lies on how long the PSP battery will last for.  From what i've heard, it's very unlikely to be more 3-4hours (correct me if im wrong).

Well, it's all conjecture at one point, but from what I've read people are conjecturing that you'll get 3-4 hours only for watching movies, for playing games, they're estimating 17 or so.