Metal Slug 3 Ships For Xbox Today!

Alpha

ms3_logo.gif

SNK NeoGeo announced today the shipping of the hit arcade title Metal Slug 3 for the Xbox console.The title supports the Xbox Live leaderboards and is exclusive to the console.

“We’re delighted with the fantastic response METAL SLUG 3 has received from the press,” said Ben Herman, SNK NEOGEO USA CONSUMER CORPORATION President. “The METAL SLUG franchise has always been a consumer favorite, and now fans can see exactly how they stack up against everyone else on its Xbox Live Leaderboard.”

For more information on this title, head on over to the official website by clicking here.

ms3_box.jpg

The evil General Morden is back...

as is his depraved plan to establish a new world order. Join Marco, Tarma, Eri and Fio on their mission to stop this madman. Little do they know of what's in-store for them lurking behind the unfolding chaos. The intense action builds in momentum with every level and leads to a climax of an unprecedented blaze of firepower.

Features:

* Supports Xbox Live Leaderboards (Stats)
    * 5 challenging stages and a wide array of unique enemies
    * Take alternate routes and explore exciting new stages with Crossroad Entrances on each level
    * Attack vehicles include the METAL SLUG, Camel Slug, Rebel Armor, Slug Mariner, Ostrich Slug and more. Find all 10 models for increased firepower and defensive capabilities
    * Extensive list of weapons include; handguns, machine guns, grenades, cannons, and more
    * Fight off huge crab-like creatures and large locusts on a deserted island in the South Seas
    * Release the souls of zombies emerging from a plane crash in snow covered mountains
    * Dive into a battle against submarines and frogmen guarding an underwater bio-weapons factory
    * Battle evil forces in the blazing South American desert
    * Journey into outer space to encounter Morden at his stronghold

Pictures Running on XBOX:

Screen Shot 1

Screen Shot 2

Screen Shot 3

Pictures and News From SNKNEOGEOCONSUMER.COM are:

© Copyright 2003, SNK PLAYMORE CORPORATION, All Rights Reserved

-----------

My question is, why Metal Slug 3? What about 4? Oh well, this is still great news, but I know the IGN people are going to give the game a 2.0 or something like they did for the re-release of Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 on the XBOX.

well ign are picky and dumb most of the time so i'll stick with gamespot for decent reviews

Seriously, why do you guys hate IGN? I think it has the most competent reviewers in the VG industry, and their reviews are true almost 100% of the time. They have given scores that I myself would give and I am sure most would too. If you don't like picky reviewers, which we all are, picky consumers, then look elsewhere.

Anon.

It would have been cool if they enhanced the game a bit, but its good that the best Metal Slug is coming to a more affordable platform. I wonder how well it will actually sell since after all it is a 2D game and most kiddies don't like that.

Seriously, why do you guys hate IGN? I think it has the most competent reviewers in the VG industry, and their reviews are true almost 100% of the time. They have given scores that I myself would give and I am sure most would too. If you don't like picky reviewers, which we all are, picky consumers, then look elsewhere.

Anon.

haha did you ever play wwe raw 2? that game sucked just like the first one with minor improvements and they gave it a high rating while a real review by gamespot or hell even gamepro knew the game sucked. they do that so many times with games hell they couldn't even type their own hands on for sf aniversary for ps2 (the article was a direct ripoff of the xbox article only with minor changes that aren't even official like the ps2 version isn't going to be online)

now back to mslug3 for xbox, its either you love it or hate it

the game looks great and plays at a faster pace but one thing thats definitely annoying is the fact that continues put you back at the begining of the level :)

theres 2 levels to be unlocked when the arcade version is completed (ps2 japanese version had the same) and thats about it.

I played the demo, my thumbs started aching after pressing the x button so many times to shoot. I somehow lost a credit during gameplay and when I continued it reverted me back to the beginning of the level. So I think the game is pretty good, if you want to own every Metal Slug out there.

I don't need this because I have the romset. :) It probably won't even ship to Europe anyway. It surely takes time before SNK Playmore decides to make ports.

this would've been better if they included maybe 1-x as well but i'll add this game as in one of my multi-game discs (5x50mb hehe)

yeah there u go, i dont think people would wanna buy jus one slug game since a lot of us already have 1-5 including X. i say, throw all of em in there, sell it for a decent price and u got urself a decent package =D.