A Few Question About Dreamcast Emulation

I heard that DC's roms are easy to get, is that true? If it's true, then I have a few games I would want. Marvel vs Capcom 2, since CPS3 is not out yet, maybe I can get the DC version. The KOF games, they always have extra things, I want to see them. And I know nothing about DC emulation yet, so which emulator is the best, have frame by frame function and screen capture, I use window XP.

There is no emulator whic runs commercial games as of yet, however there is one called Icarus which is still in development and looks to be the one which will succeed over the others, there are only screenshots available and they look good.

No release date has been confirmed but the developer of the succesfull 3DO emulator FreeDO has joined forces with the developer of Icarus in which will become the development a very good emulator indeed, hopefully :lol:

As for DC ISO's they are easy to come by, but your best bet would be to buy a Dreamcast as they are cheap and can selfboot Backups without a mod chip :P

As for DC ISO's they are easy to come by, but your best bet would be to buy a Dreamcast as they are cheap and can selfboot Backups without a mod chip  :lol:

ditto, you can get a dc and a grip of games on ebay for about 40 to 50 bucks. there's really no exuse not to own a DC.

As for DC ISO's they are easy to come by, but your best bet would be to buy a Dreamcast as they are cheap and can selfboot Backups without a mod chip  :P

ditto, you can get a dc and a grip of games on ebay for about 40 to 50 bucks. there's really no exuse not to own a DC.

Exactly. I bought mine for 26 bucks and it came with 2 controllers, 2 VMUs, and 6 games (crappy games but games nonetheless).

And you can sill buy brand new sealed games, VMU's and controllers on Ebay, even the original grey VMU's boxed and sealed, all for good prices.

There is a guy on Ebay UK who I've bought from loads of times and he has a massive Ebay shop.

The only ones that come to mind are Icarus and Chanrka (sp?). Since they don't run most comercial games yet, your pretty much in the dark. If you want to sprite rip, your going to need a capture card, a dreamcast (which are dirt cheap), games (cheap/free/warezed) and a really good hand at deleteing backgrounds.

For now, I just wish to use an emulator, maybe I'll get a DC in the furture, but for now, anyone have good emu of DC that are sprites making friendly?

A fully working one doesnt exist! Right now it's like 20-35%complete. Maybe in the future you cheap bastard, lol j/k :unsure: