Wisdom Tooth

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God damn... face swollen to the size of a football -- that doesn't sound very good at all. What I'm really nervous about is that I'll be unconcious, and I don't like being unconcious in a room full of strangers. It's hard to explain, but I don't like the idea of being knocked out while there are other people near me, doing stuff to me. I must sound paranoid.

Anyway, after what happened this morning, I'm gonna have to handle the immediate problems with my family first before I can move on to this problem. Life is wonderful.

*No relation to any other posts, was too lazy to read*

I have my wisdom teeth half way in on the bottom, 1 on either side. They have been that way for the past 5 years and haven't moved a bit. They cause me no pain, but they sure do trap pieces of food pretty good and make me exhaust my tongue getting little bits of food out of em. Very annoying when eating something like steak for instance.

I sure hope they just stay put and don't grow in farther, if they do I hope even more that they don't cuse me any pain.

I did have a tooth pulled when I was 12, that had grown in behind another tooth. That was very painful.

God damn... face swollen to the size of a football -- that doesn't sound very good at all. What I'm really nervous about is that I'll be unconcious, and I don't like being unconcious in a room full of strangers. It's hard to explain, but I don't like the idea of being knocked out while there are other people near me, doing stuff to me. I must sound paranoid.

Mate, that's abit excessive. As long as you get it done at a decent hospital who have a reputation to uphold, you'll have no worries. That's their job. It's what doctors and surgeons do, and you should trust them. It really is no big deal.

Just don't get it done in some back alley surgery joint. You know, the person the Joker visits in the first Batman movie. :lol::P:lol:

I have 3 wisdom teeth (2 on bottom 1 on top) the one on top doesn't bother me at all but the 2 bottoms never came all the way in. they crowded my bottom teeth and get infected once a year for the last 10 years. take my advice. if you have a chance to rid yourself of these foul abominations do it.

I've never had teeth problems. At all. I brush...when I remember. Sometimes I just scratch plaque off with my fingernails, except then I bite my fingernails. My wisdom teeth are starting to come in (I think) and so far I'm fine. But...only so far.

This is the most disgusting thread I've ever read.

My wisdoms need to get yanked. I never had a problem with them. They came in just fine and there was only some occasional gum soreness once in a great while. But I went last week and found out I've got the first wisdom tooth cavity. The dentist said it was a hard one to fill, and that I might want to get them removed.

I'm a little nervous about that. I know I could be put to sleep for it, but I've heard people come out of the operation all whacked out of their mind and say and do things they wouldn't when "sober". Any truth to this? My best friend said his mom claims he started dancing uncontrollably in the parking lot outside the dentist office.

I don't have have cavities but one of lower teeth is chipped and crooked. Braces wouldn't have been able to fix that. I also have no wisdom teeth, yet.

Cavity susceptibility is definitely a genetic thing.

Just whatever you do take care of your teeth. I didnt. Even after two years of Braces. Im now 24 and i have about 6-7 teeth that are rotten and destroyed, and no insurance and a giant fear of going to the dentist.

Luckily, for now, none of them are in the front.

Edited by Jitx