Nintendo DS Vs PSP

You seen both of them now...which one will be successful?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

well... i´m really tired of sony´s products, i hope they kicked in hh as i was happy when they kicked nintendo´s as@ of the console, i hate monopoly, well it was a great game, but not that monopoly, sony´s monopoly, th ds looks amazing, i just wish it could play divx and mp3.

How the hell does Sony have a monolopy?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well... i´m really tired of sony´s products, i hope they kicked in hh as i was happy when they kicked nintendo´s as@ of the console, i hate monopoly, well it was a great game, but not that monopoly, sony´s monopoly, th ds looks amazing, i just wish it could play divx and mp3.

where have you been g´? ps2, anyone? do you think that ms and nint are match to sony´s playstation?, well meybe i´m wrong....., but in terms of vg..... there is not competition for sony.

Edited by lancerx

where have you been g´? ps2, anyone? do you think that ms and nint are match to sony´s playstation?, meybe i´m wrong.....

A monopoly is when a company has all the market for itself; this isn't the case with Sony.

It could happen. Once the games are dumped, people can make some sort of player.

where have you been g´? ps2, anyone? do you think that ms and nint are match to sony´s playstation?, meybe i´m wrong.....

A monopoly is when a company has all the market for itself; this isn't the case with Sony.

Exactly. The fact that Nintendo and Microsoft (and now Phantom with its "Gaming Service") have consoles and will continue to make consoles means that Sony doesn't have a monolopy. It is healthy competition.

imho i don´t consider both company in this gen a competition against sony´s ps2, not at all, meybe next gen but not this one, even for me i thought nint was dead this gen util they announced the new zelda,mp and sf2.

Offically, I can tell you right now. DS is planned a simlutanous release with Japan this Holiday Season (December) and 1st Q in Europe and PSP this year in Japan, and Early Summer at the latest in the U.S.

not sure what you heard but i watched the live vid and the man (reggie) said it will be out the end of this year worldwide

ebgames and gamestop are taking pre-orders right now for $199 (rumored to be $149) and have an unofficial date of november 29th 2004

both stores did say if the price changes, you will get the changed price.

Perrin Kaplan from Nintendo of America said on Gamespy/IGN Livewire (Something I've been watching all day, which is live on the floor at E3) stated that they are aiming for a Holiday Season release in the U.S. and 1st Q in Europe. The PSP for sure will hit the $200 mark because of it's specs.

For the record, I watched all the conference videos of the "Big 3." Sony's wasn't as great as I thought it would be. The only thing I liked out of the whole thing was Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children trailer.

Edited by K`dash

I know these handhelds look tight, but is anyone gonna actually buy one? I'm 22 and I work and am about to go to school, I'm not gonna really need one if I got my systems and my widescreen at home. It would be like a waste of money...not to say I wouldn't mind my little brother getting one of em' so I can take it from him!! :blink:

I'm probably going to get one. I was planning to get a SP for a long time now, but that idea went down the tube the moment I found of DS was backwards compatible.

What really has potential is emulation on the DS. Since the DS will be able to play gba games...that means it will be able to use flash carts. I believe that a Snes Emulator has been in development for the SP but it lacks the buttons and the power to emulate properly. It would probably be harder to do it before, but now with the ds (hopefully having six buttons, I couldn't see the shoulder of the handheld) would have enough power.

I know its a long shot but if its pulled off, that could very add another thousand titles to the DS game list.

Edited by NeoMaster