News For Wrestling Fans!

This is taken from NoDQ.com.

"'The Toy Headquarters' unleashed some huge news today as it revealed its future publishing plans for the company's WWE wrestling franchises. Announcing a total of three games in all, THQ not only addressed the question of when gamers can expect its next batch of grappling titles, but has also settled the question of what these titles are going to be called.

PS2: At the top of the announcement list was the revelation of the all-new Smackdown! title, WWE Smackdown! vs. Raw. Once again developed by the team at Yuke's, this sixth installment of mega-selling franchise will feature abundance of new options and games modes; with a particular attention paid to improving on the graphics for a more realistic presentation. The game will be released near the end of October/beginning of November.

XBOX: THQ also confirmed that it has done away with its Raw franchise altogether and has instead replaced it with the former GameCube property, WrestleMania. To be more formally known as WWE WrestleMania XXI, the game will not only boast an all-new developer (Studio Gigante of Tao Feng fame), it will also introduce plenty of original game modes and improved television style visuals. Expect to see it debut simultaneously with the WrestleMania XXI event next year.

GameBoy Advance: The final game on the list is the all-new Game Boy Advance SKU, WWE Survivor Series. The first game for the GBA WWE title in two years, Survivor Series should boast a ton of new features over its predecessor in addition to a variety of match types. No other details other than its release date (Holiday 2004) were given. "

Wooooooooooo!!!! Can't wait :lol:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i just wish they'd put smackdown on all systems, instead gamecube and xbox have to deal with crappy raw and wrestlemania titles

THQ gives priority to SMackdown, that's for sure :D

If they put it out in every system, then everyone will buy the XBOX copy since the graphics will definitely better

WrestleMania -> Nintendo

Smackdown -> PlayStation

Raw -> Big Bill Box that collaps my desk

WrestleMania is by far my favorite series, the last game was a tad bit disapointing. But they still have a chance to redeem them selves.

smackdown is by no means the be all end all wrestling game. but the raw and wrestlemania series are really bad. hopefully they will learn thier lesson and import what works in smackdown into thier other series.

well at least now i can see and play raw as it should be unlike those awful xbox versions.

for xbox sake, i hope they can finally get a decent wrestling game other then the upcoming defjam vendetta 2 (aki is doing this one again so its gotta be great) tho i still wonder why didn't the yukes choose to work on xbox as well :D

I miss the games like No Mercy on N64 :(

No Mercy was the most fun.

Pro Wrestling for the NES was and is the best wrestling game EVA! :huh:

close second being the firepro DC game. I don't remember the name.

I want another wrestling game on PC.

didn't Raw come out for PC? other then that I can't really think of any pc wrestling games. other then emulated roms.