News For Wrestling Fans!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what do u guys see in wrestling games, honestly, they are like

normal fighting games on steroids without the special moves! no eye candy no spectacular moves no squat!!!!!! KOF forever!!!!

Axl, you really are a graphics whoring fan boy aren't you!??! :huh: J/K

everthing isn't eyecandy and SDM's.

What are you saying that you prefer some sweety old muscle-heads instead of Terry's power display and style!!!!! And no I'm no a graphics

fanboy I'm a gameplay fanboy, the spectacularity is just a sideeffect!!!

Cuz I'd rather be fighting in a game with a battle system that kicks ass!!!

Tell me, besides punches, piledrivers and the occasional slams what do

wrestling games offer?!?! SQUAT!!!!!

ok so you don't like wrestling games, that's cool. what are you doing in a thread entitled "News for wrestling fans!"?

to me smackdown is more about character creation and the storylines

if I wan't non stop action then I play street fighter. but there is no straight up fighter that has a deep character creation mode. thats what smackdown offers me.

I miss the games like No Mercy on N64 :(

No Mercy was the most fun.

Pro Wrestling for the NES was and is the best wrestling game EVA! :(

close second being the firepro DC game. I don't remember the name.

Ah yes, the Fire Pro Wrestling series. Great technical wrestling right there, and it had, DEATHMATCHES! Oh man, Barbwire boards, Florencent Light Tubes, Exploding ring. You can get all technical until you throw them into a barbwire board. And Mr.Pogo with his SICKLE. IT'S SICK. Too bad we'll never see Fire Pro Wrestling Z, the final FPW game by Spike since now they are concentrating on their King of the Colluseem (sp?) series, which oddly enough, plays like FPW but look likes SD. And the dreamcast version was called Fire Pro Wrestling D (D for dreamcast :huh:)

Wrestlemania 2000 and No Mercy were the best wrestling games I've ever played and I have the most memories about. Ahh, those were the days when we all made characters and play 4-Way Dance Ladder match.

By character creation and storyline what do you mean?! Do wrestling games have storylines? Bet I can't compare to the Orochi Saga!!!!!1

Yes, yes, we know. :huh: Actually I like some of the story twists in Smackdown: Shut Your Mouth!

What pray-tell is the story?

play the damn game Axl.

No offense dude, but aren't suppose to be somewhere or something? And you cant get a ps2 emulator that fully supports almost all games on the market.

Edited by K`dash