Random Update On Sammy Vs Capcom

Wizard

Let the quoting begin!

Hey man.I'll happily give you all the info I know about this latest crossover fighter(special thanks to TAS,the Capcom insider over at SNK-Capcom.com).The game is still being worked on,and it's being done by both Sammy and Capcom.Don't expect too many characters out of both sides,but do expect to see two bosses,one for each side,while on Sammy's side,expect to see a few characters from Guilty Gear,along with a few characters from Sammy's other games.As for Capcom,you'll see a change roster-wise,in fact you'll see more from Rival Schools and Darkstalkers than from Street Fighter;expect,more of less,only the first fighting game babe,which isn't even worth mentioning,and of course,Ryu.

That's all for now.BTW,it would be a miracle if we find out anything new about either Sammy Vs Capcom,or anything new from SNK Playmore at E3,but you never know.

Peace Forever!SNK Playmore Forever!

OK here I will put all rumors you can heard about this Sammy VS Capcom game. As I said those are all rumors who comes from boards, AIM Chat, and others, and so far nothing have been confirmed, but as usual some of those could be true.

characters wise like it have been said it's clear that there will be less street fighter, and more other serie characters. Anyway I didn't think that there will be less that 5 SF characters. other series where characters may comes from will be in order: Darkstalker, Capcom VS serie (like SvC or MVC, Rubyheart is oftenly rumored), Star gladiators, Rival school and even maybe Power stone. As for the Sammy side here things looks close, a big part will be GG characters will the other part may be Rumble fish. As many peoples said "all of those will comes from VS game and don't expect characters from other types of games", and when you see at wich speed peoples are burned to crisp by "flamers" when they try to talk about other Sammy games like Dolphin blue or demolition fist, I don't expect to see those in the game. finaly some rumor said that Ishiwatari, and Noritaka aren't interested by characters who never make it in a VS already, at last for the 1st Sammy vs Capcom.(I think that is a 2 should be make those could change.)

Graphicaly, a persistent rumor talks about no sprite re-ash but some new designed sprites. So far Fan wishes are for some GG quality background and musics, with SF3rd graphic style and animation, I wonder if such things are possble on the AW??.

About the game system, most of the peoples said that there won't be different groove but only one like in SvC. the difference is where SvC have created a brand new system with no clear relation to Capcom or SNK game, the SamVCap groove will be a mix of their own system. I won't write all of those "groove" I've heard of but only the one that comes the most often.

this one will get to power bars a la R-fish, one fo attack one for defence each bar have their own super, if both are filled a 3rd super can be make. each bar will have a special action linked to them, and each time you use this special action it will cost a bit of the bar. in the action "catalogue" we got from capcom, overhead, parying, alpha counters, guard crush. For sammy, it is, Burst attack, jolt attack, fautless defence, Roman cancel. it seems that only one of each will make it throug the game like Overhead for the attack bar and Faultless defence for the defence bar. Air combo a la GG are rumored but in a limited way who look closer to those from MvC2 or kyosuke's in CvS2.

the IK would be here, in fact it would only be the super using the 2 power bar who make some good damage, and if you kill an opponent with it, then the animation will change to the IK. a nicer finish in fact.

Some other rumors but less credible talks about some power mode a la KOF who will give some special power like Capcom's DS Dark forces, or Plasma fields.

Some othe crazy talks about possible characters, but here it's a neverending story.

Finaly the game is rumored to be show in August at best and most of them think to the arcade show in september-october.

Hopes all those rumor can give you some possible idea of what will come. At last I hopes for some of them to be true.

Couple of guys from mmcafe. Based on the rumors, I hope most are true (Taking more characters from other series such as the Vs. Darkstalkers Rival School Rumble Fish ^^ would own!) Now...DICUSS!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on people, Ryu has no chance against a guy like Sol Badguy or Eddie.

Oh so true...But I'd like at least see this Vs. game, as the concept of Darkstalkers being in it is interesting.

Another reason this vs game is weird is the fact that Street Fighter characters are hand to hand combat type fighters...and all of the GG characters have weapons or monster like abilities that are sort of like weapons!

:blink: Guilty Gear vs Last Blade :lol:

(drooooollllllllll)

Don't expect too many characters out of both sides,but do expect to see two bosses,one for each side,while on Sammy's side,expect to see a few characters from Guilty Gear,along with a few characters from Sammy's other games.As for Capcom,you'll see a change roster-wise,in fact you'll see more from Rival Schools and Darkstalkers than from Street Fighter;expect,more of less,only the first fighting game babe,which isn't even worth mentioning,and of course,Ryu.

...which is why I prefer Capcom over SNK cause Capcom actually knows what I want :blink:

i creamed my jeans when i heard this game was being released :blink:

Didn't need to read that.

Anywho, I don't understand why people love the idea of darkstalkers being in vs games. Really, of everyone gets really excited about the idea of darkstalker characters being availiable, why did the Darkstalker games do so bad and nobody plays them?

The Darkstalker series is still very popular in Japan and still played in tournaments. It's just that this is not the case in the U.S. -- U.S. is pretty much all about MvC2. Very lame.

Anyhow, the rumors were interesting to read though I don't pay much attention to them. Mmcafe is a pretty good source, usually. TAS on the other hand... We'll not get into that.

What I am curious about is, how long has this game been in development? When did they start working on it? Has there been official word on this?