A Weird Happening

Agozer

Just 2 minutes ago I was browsing Havoc Forums, when BAM! my monitor shut itself off. Just like that. I don't use any power management features nor did I press any shortcut buttons on my keyboard. I had to restart to remedy this horrible feat.

A poltergeist I tell ya! Anyone else here that has had similar unnatural experiences?

Oddly enough that happened to my Dad yesterday. When I came back from school he was hounding me with questions on whether he needs a new monitor or if he has a virus. He's very paranoid about those kinds of things.

as far as i remember, youre using an old PC right? is the monitor as old as the PC?

anyways, im not wishing for this but prepare for a repair as it is possible that we'll share the situation later. my monitor is broken (currently using TV).

im saying this because that was one of the first symptoms that i experienced as well. then later the screen gets distorted eventually. later some black outs, then finally there it is, broken monitor.

as far as i remember, youre using an old PC right? is the monitor as old as the PC?

anyways, im not wishing for this but prepare for a repair as it is possible that we'll share the situation later. my monitor is broken (currently using TV).

im saying this because that was one of the first symptoms that i experienced as well. then later the screen gets distorted eventually. later some black outs, then finally there it is, broken monitor.

Yeah, it's old alright. Well, my new comp should be reality very soon.

Edited by Agozer

Oddly enough that happened to my Dad yesterday. When I came back from school he was hounding me with questions on whether he needs a new monitor or if he has a virus. He's very paranoid about those kinds of things.

Strange, the same thing happened to me yesterday as well. I shook it off because it was a electronical problem. Now I don't think so ;)

Strange, the same thing happened to me yesterday as well. I shook it off because it was a electronical problem. Now I don't think so ;)

The chosen three from a triangle of chaos. The work of Satan, I tell ya.

The chosen three from a triangle of chaos. The work of Satan, I tell ya.

Oh man...I'm spooked. :unsure: