Lawmaker To Aol: You've Got Mail

ForceX

Given up figuring out what to do with those America Online CD-ROMs clogging up your mailbox? A California lawmaker has a plan.

Assemblywoman Loni Hancock (D-Berkeley) recently introduced a bill that would require companies that mail CDs or DVDs in unsolicited bulk to include self-addressed, stamped envelopes. That would easily allow people who don't want to receive another offer for 1,000 free minutes of AOL, for instance, to mail the CD back to the company or to a processing plant that recycles CDs.

Hancock claims that the bill will help address environmental fallout from a common marketing practice. Forcing companies to foot the costs of sending back unwanted CDs could reduce landfill waste and preserve resources.

Source: CNet

hahahaha...AOL just got POWNED...now people can send BS to AOL instead of AOL sending out those damn cd's, which are useless and annoying...hahahaha

I can just imagine AOL recieving 100 million CD's :P....hahahah

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohhhh, sweet revenge!!! *takes out 50 CDs in storage to send back* TO HELL WITH YOU AOL CDs!!! TO HELL!!! :lol:

Anon.

You should make an AOL CD Launcher out of some cardboard, compressed air and duct tape.

heyyy.. after that one ISP prodigy i was tearing up AOL from ver 2.0-6.0. :lol:

then NETZERO "THE ex DEFENDERS OF THE FREE WORLD!" and then SBC global internet

Edited by -VIOLENCE-

Now where a Mr. G's ninjas that go "Take this, AOL Disc!"....

AOL is pathetic. Really, it is. :)

Take this, AOL disk! :-D Muahahaha!

But I always keep an AOL disk with me for when I travel and if the hotel I'm staying at doesn't provide internet. I just sign up for the 1000 free hours and use it. Very convenient. :-D

And I keep the cool DVD and tin cases for my other CDs. That's what those disks are good for.

Something went wrong with AOLs marketing strategy if people just take the cases. :)

I wish I was at the meeting where they approved this marketing strategy.

Did they weigh the pros and cons? I wonder how many people they've converted with this strategy...

what do i do with them?

I go to the store and grab the whole wad out of the cardboard thing, bend, and snap them all at once, and run away! BWAHAHA

I wasnt allowed in the wal-mart for awhile because me and my friends where in there with a video camera (big hint to stay away from us, where about to do something stupid) and we where actually filming a commercial type thing on what to do with the CDs, anyway, i do what i usually do, and guess what?

They had cheaper and thinner plastic and paper wrapping! Plastic shards literally exploded from my hands and flew everywhere! we where like oh crap oh crap oh crap!! and ran out side but some old guy stopped us and yelled at us and we had to clean it up and then not come back for a month (but we came back in a week and no one cared)

Also i like to wing them at my little bro, I actually did make a CD shooter with them, and another thing we did was my friend lives in this road that leads into the middle road, lemme try to draw...

---------------------------MAIN ROAD

-

-

-

-

-

- ================Friends house

-

-

Side road

Anyway, on the side road we where smashing CDs, and i threw one and instead of exploding, it rolled down the side road, and into the main road, then it started rolling down the main road, and a car tire hit it in the right way where it flipped straight into the air!!! then it started bouncing over the roofs of cars!!! it stayed in teh same spot but the cars kept coming and it kept rolling!! it was goddamn hilarious, finally there was a gap in traffic and it started to just roll down teh road, and then another car came, hit it, and it exploded

I know it sounds impossible, but ill get my friend chris on here who was with me when it happend to back it up, it was fricken hilarious/amazing

woo, good times with those, i also use them as BB gun targets and such. I should scan one that ive shot the hell out of :D I have deadly accuracy with guns, i wrote my name in one hehe