Old Nes Tricks..

lacien

Me and my buddy back home were talking on the phone and were remembering back when everyone had they're own little trick to get an NES game to work. Ahhh..the memories...kids these days just can't appreciate what lengths you sometimes had to go to to just play some Tetris back in the day ;)

Pfft! Warranties? Naaah..we just got creative...I always did the blow over the game once and then don't quite put it in all the way so you almost had to force it down inside, then hit power. My friend's was the one where you wedged another game in ontop of the one you wanted to play.

Anyway, anyone else remember any nifty tricks from back then to get a game to work? I'm sure there's some I've not heard of yet.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

blow the cart till you get the whistle and/or shove in another cart on top (keeps the pressure down on worn or non-locking springs ;) )

q-tip and alcohol to clean the cart or a pencil eraser as well

Edited by Prican25

ah the NES...it was an awesome system but annoying when it refused to work...

I used to blow out the carts and if that didn't work give it a slight slap to the top of the console ;)....and it still works....

I love my perfectley working NES ;)

although it wont play Revision-A carts without screwing with it

I shove another cartridge on top, but then got sick of it

I opened up the console and streched out the contacts so they could come in contact with the thinner circuits (Revision A carts/REALLY worn games)

and now it plays everything perfect ;)

LOL, I also remember this kid I was friends with back then that would actually talk to the NES very quietly so you couldn't hear what he was saying...then slam the game in there as hard as he could. Surprisingly it worked most the time :P

Or you can always have a friend blow on it then tell him to hold it down and be like "wait, no wait, right there, no back, do it again, ok there, damn man you flock it up. Ohh...to be a kid again...err...still...