Water When Its Not Water?

Wizard

yeah, I head about this stuff, Its the new Ozone-safe CloroFloroCarbon -- CFC has very similar properties.. I think of a thing On TV I saw about it years ago, I remember someone Submerging a plugged in and running Mac Classic -- It kept doing its thing in the vat of liquid without a problem

yeah, I head about this stuff, Its the new Ozone-safe CloroFloroCarbon -- CFC has very similar properties..  I think of a thing On TV I saw about it years ago, I remember someone Submerging a plugged in and running Mac Classic -- It kept doing its thing in the vat of liquid without a problem

You're talking about deep space 5 or some BS like that that was on show time, i saw the episode and i thought "KOOL! Less lag!"

yeah, I head about this stuff, Its the new Ozone-safe CloroFloroCarbon -- CFC has very similar properties..  I think of a thing On TV I saw about it years ago, I remember someone Submerging a plugged in and running Mac Classic -- It kept doing its thing in the vat of liquid without a problem

Ozone safe chlorofluorocarbons? Wow, that's some wild stuff. [Johnny Carson] Hehe, that's some weird wild stuff. [/Johnny Carson]

The chemistry of CFCs makes it pretty unsafe but I wonder how they fixed that. Probably huge polymers of it...I have to read up on this stuff.

Ozone safe chlorofluorocarbons? Wow, that's some wild stuff. [Johnny Carson] Hehe, that's some weird wild stuff. [/Johnny Carson]

The chemistry of CFCs makes it pretty unsafe but I wonder how they fixed that. Probably huge polymers of it...I have to read up on this stuff.

yeah, its similar in its properties but NOVEC 1230 (the Chemical that the Sapphire fire-suppressant is based on) apparantly doesnt have the same nasty antiozone effect

-- NOVEC 1230 is CF3CF2C(O)CF(O)(CF3)2

whereas

Chloroflorocarbon (CFC12 -- there is a whole family of these) is CCl2F2

--- NOVEC 1230 is far more complex,And, it has no Cl -- its stuffed with O instead And, Although Im not sure, Im guessing its that complexity that keeps it from breaking up when in the presence of Ozone, So yeah, Thats just what it is, Huge Polymers, that already contain O In lieu of Cl

I guess it should be called an Oxyflorocarbon instead ?? :lol:

yeah, its similar in its properties but NOVEC 1230 (the Chemical that the Sapphire fire-suppressant is based on) apparantly doesnt have the same nasty antiozone effect

-- NOVEC 1230 is CF3CF2C(O)CF(O)(CF3)2

whereas

Chloroflorocarbon (CFC12 -- there is a whole family of these) is CCl2F2

--- NOVEC 1230 is far more complex, And, Although Im not sure, Im guessing its that complexity that keeps it from breaking up when in the presence of Ozone, So yeah, Thats just what it is, Huge Polymers..

In CCl2F2, the electronegativies of the halogens cause it to be very electronegative on the outside which attributes to its problem.

And I'm also pretty sure the fact that its a polymer makes it very stable. And that it is branched also makes it stable. Its kind of like Teflon, thats a huge polymer of fluorocarbons. Amazing stuff it is.

i failed chem. =/

Heh, i failed all my subjects at school, but i can for some strange reason rember how to make gun powder, and also another 2 variations of high exsplosive.

:blink:

i failed chem. =/

Heh, i failed all my subjects at school, but i can for some strange reason rember how to make gun powder, and also another 2 variations of high exsplosive.

Gee, I wonder why that is. :ph34r:

i failed chem. =/

The army need's you son, are you ready to begin an adventure?

Yea, screw that. Adventure my ass.