What's So Bad About Going Off-topic?

I have noticed an increased tendency for mods to tell people off for going off-topic in this forum. Now this isn't a criticism, just an appeal to let the conversations take their natural course. In real-life conversations, there isn't a guy standing at the back of the room telling everyone to keep the conversation on-topic. Some of the best (and funniest) comments have been posted in threads on this forum once the conversations have veered far from the original topic of the thread. And besides, the conversation doesn't usually veer off-topic until everyone has said what they wanted to say on the matter.

Now I don't see the harm in letting the conversations go off-topic once everyone has said what they have to say on the matter.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The point is..it's different in forums. If you go off-topic, create a topic for the new topic and talk about it there. It's just.. I can't explain it. I'll explain it more tomorrow. :D

Every topic goes off-topic sooner or later. On axl's case, he went off by 100 miles or more and his initial question was in the wrong forum to begin with. Therefore, GC's reply was more than justified.

Throwing topics off course, leads to spamage..........flamage, and quite frankly, wasted database space cause topics end up going on and on and on like the energizer bunny, about absolutely NOTHING :D

But what if the conversation drifts and its friendly? It doesn't always shift towards flame territory.

Sure, the people might not be armed with flamethrowers, but when the discussion drift totally off the track....someone should at least make a note what the original topic was about.

But what if the conversation drifts and its friendly? It doesn't always shift towards flame territory.

Sure, the people might not be armed with flamethrowers, but when the discussion drift totally off the track....someone should at least make a note what the original topic was about.

Yeah, and that usually happens. <_<

Going off topic is like you guys talking about D&D, then some guy goes, "Angeline Jolie is hot!", and you guys go "WTF".

Its stuff like that that confuse the hell out some of us <_<

Going off topic is like you guys talking about D&D, then some guy goes, "Angeline Jolie is hot!", and you guys go "WTF".

Its  stuff like that that confuse the hell out some of us ;)

Must resist...no, fingers are typing....

"HUZZAH" *~#:D

© neoblaze

Some example you pulled there, Dis.

Edited by Agozer

Also you waste time by everyone by looking at the topic. Its like me putting a picture of mayo on the 1emulation movie making some people pissed off.

Which brings me to the other bad point of off-topicness. Flaming.

That speaks for itself <_<

Also you waste time by everyone by looking at the topic. Its like me putting a picture of mayo on the 1emulation movie making some people pissed off.

Which brings me to the other bad point of off-topicness. Flaming.

That speaks for itself :lol:

What does mayo have to do with anything? Surely you aren't going to put it in the 1Emu animation? <_>